8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wifes given me a budget for a feature :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wifes given me a budget for a feature :)
William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2011 03:00 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi the wife has given me some cash to buy my first full feature (How nice of her) and im hoping maybe someone has one on here.My budget is £45 including p&p i know its not much but better than nothing.Im looking for something with sound and dont mind if its somethig for the kids or one just for us.Guess UK would be better for shipping purposes but might get more bang for my buck as they say in states.Thanks in advance Will

|  IP: Logged

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2011 03:05 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super 8 or Standard 8?

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2011 03:13 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry super 8 and projector can hold up to 400ft reel.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 11, 2011 10:34 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No ned to apologize for syuper 8!

You stand a decent chance of finding on on an ebay auction for that price. Also, I know that Steve Osbournes "Reel Image" cataloguie will often have marked down features for not too much.

There was, (for instance) a feature print of the 70's thriller "Day of the Dolphin" (George C Scott), and it's in letterbox format for 40.00 dollars. The color is the slightest bit off, about 90 percent still remaining. I know because I sent that his way.

... and you should find others around that price, especially old Blackhawk features, like the Laurel and hardy's around that price as well!

Good hunting

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2011 10:59 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the heads up i decided in end to buy 2 different shorter movies.400ft of jaws 2 and 2 x 400ft smokey and the bandit for a good price.Will order a full feature next week so still open to suggestions [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC