8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (7x180mt)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (7x180mt)
Mauro Coscia
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2012 12:38 PM      Profile for Mauro Coscia   Email Mauro Coscia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
QUALCUNO VOLO' SUL NIDO DEL CUCULO (1975) - film super8 - con jack nicholson

http://www.ebay.it/itm/QUALCUNO-VOLO-SUL-NIDO-DEL-CUCULO-1975-film-super8-con-jack-nicholson-/230828005414?pt=Super_8_16mm_Laserdisc&hash=item35be6bd826#ht_662wt_1402

italian language

|  IP: Logged

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2012 08:08 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite movies of all time but it's red and lines.

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 20, 2012 06:34 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isnt it infuriating to see such excellent film titles but to find that they were never released here. [Mad]
A pity its red and scratched.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2012 09:52 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

I doubt very much it was a 'legit' release in Italy, as they had in the 70's & 80's (and may still have today) very lax laws on copyright, think about all the Italian Disney prints over the years, they were definately not 'Kosher'.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 20, 2012 11:41 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
if it's a title I want gents like "The Wicker Man" or "Il Grande
Silencio" a few scratches and pink cast will not stand in my way
Someday that ship has got to come in.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2012 10:10 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just picked up an uncut feature of Hammer's Horror of Frankenstein from Italy... who knew that existed?! Waiting for it to arrive and hoping the color is OK. All those Italian features tend to be a bit brownish - even the good ones. But I'm with you, Hugh... if it's one of my favorite films I'll take it whatever the quality.

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2012 01:09 AM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Tom, it is infuriating. I can't sit through completely red and lines just because it's film and it's on a large screen. One Flew Over.. is one of my favorite movies of all time but even if someone literally gave it to me, I'd take it just for the reels and discard the film.

Barry, it was never released legally for super 8. That is probably a double dupe from the looks of it. Probably the underground lab in Germany.

I knew someone who has the feature as of a year ago in 16 but never bothered calling him on the quality(he doesn't do internet and he send lists through USPS as we did 20+ years ago); and the fact he wanted $750.00 for it.

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 21, 2012 03:16 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian,"two minds with but a single thought", It's amazing
the stuff out there,your film"Horror of Frankenstein" was mentioned in FFTC some years ago,when it was Ged I think,had
come across it on Ebay,and I'm sure it was a French release and
full length in colour.I'll have a look to check who the company was put it out

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 21, 2012 06:39 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
As a post script Brian, the film was released by Atlas Films in
Italy with a French track, the title being "Les Horreurs de Frankenstein" and that was reported in the summer edition of FFTC #53, the box label looks ligit,I wonder what else could be
floating about.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2012 10:22 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's the one. It's an Atlas release. Interesting it's in French - I thought it was going to be Italian. I have another Atlas release of Mad Doctor of Blood Island. The slip cases are really nice that they house the film reels in. I wonder what other horror titles Atlas put out. I guess I'll keep watching Ebay Italy and perhaps others will pop up. Brian

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC