8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Hammer horror. Especially Terence Fisher

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Hammer horror. Especially Terence Fisher
Morty Olsen
Junior

- posted July 23, 2012 06:07 AM      Profile for Morty Olsen   Author's Homepage   Email Morty Olsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there good people

Subject says it all. I am looking for Hammer horror films, especially flicks from the great Terence Fisher.

Best wishes from
Morty

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 23, 2012 01:02 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there Morty,give Ian a bell at Perry's Movies,he is bound to
have some Hammer Horrors,Lord knows there were enough of
them put out on S/8 and Std 8mm.Best of luck.

Morty Olsen
Junior

- posted July 23, 2012 02:59 PM      Profile for Morty Olsen   Author's Homepage   Email Morty Olsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! I will send him a mail.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2012 04:20 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Morty,here a couple of hammer classics just appeared on ebay in the uk .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hammer-Horror-The-Mummy-5x400-colour-sound-/140808253943?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_OtherFormats_GL&hash=item20c8d371f7

Dracula 1958 chris lee, and the Mummy also chris lee and peter cushing.These are time less classics to start your hammer collection ,a must have for any serious hammer films collector .Good luck .

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 25, 2012 06:17 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can vouch for the Derann DRACULA prints. I have one and it's a beauty. I never thought I'd say this but it's a match for any 16mm prints I've seen.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 25, 2012 12:45 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Michael, my Derann S8 print of Dracula is superb.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 25, 2012 04:06 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Much as I agree with regard to 'Dracula' - especially if a buyer can find one of the 'warmer' prints (very close to the original thatrical look of the film) as opposed to the relatively bluish ones, of which there are plenty around - I would say that in my opinion a really good print of 'The Mummy' just has the edge in terms of quality.

I bet the "like new" print of 'Dracula' from the above-mentioned seller goes for a high sum, considering that one with scratches offered not very long ago went for £156, if I remember rightly.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 25, 2012 04:20 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second that Adrian,the reds on that print are almost 3D.
A truly beautiful film,that showcases Jack Asher's photography
and is a great advert for Eastmancolour,that could be better
than Technicolor in some cases.Poor ol' Chris Lee suffered making
that one,it might have been a good idea to have left the
bandages on,after all the accidents he had while filming!

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2012 05:13 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi! fellas ,it,s true i do myself got luck to have a great print of dracula one of my favorite horror movies,i got also a imported print of DRACULA HAS RISED FROM THE GRAVE,a nice geat and sharp print and color.

regards:
lis caramelo

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC