8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Select Film Library catalog - Sold

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Select Film Library catalog - Sold
Kevin Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 05:24 PM      Profile for Kevin Meyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Extremely rare and an invaluable resource - 80-page Select Film Library catalog in good condition, listing an enormously large selection of super 8, standard 8mm and 16mm silent and sound films - just about everything that was available at the time (also eight pages of video cassette releases). $10 including shipping in the USA.

[ August 10, 2012, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Meyer ]

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 06:12 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm slightly shocked to see that VHS/Beta videos were on offer as far back as 1977 - I don't think I was aware of them in the UK at the time.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Kevin Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 06:39 PM      Profile for Kevin Meyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, they listed both 20th Century Fox titles and some of their own. Here are some of the prices: THE LONGEST DAY $69.95, HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY $49.95, THE SEVEN YEAR ITCH $49.95, THE SONG OF BERNADETTE $69.95, M*A*S*H $49.95, THE KING AND I $69.95, THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL $49.95, IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE $79.95, REEFER MADNESS $59.95, THE CORPSE VANISHES $69.95, THE LADY VANISHES $59.95, TERROR BY NIGHT $59.95.

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2012 12:37 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this one in particular and one of their last catalogs from Spring of 1980. 16mm 800' Castle digests were $89.00 to $99.00. The 400' super 8 sound were half that if they were B&W. Memories...

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Kevin Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2012 11:50 AM      Profile for Kevin Meyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Price lowered

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2012 07:09 AM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this still for sale? If so, I'll take it for 10 bucks.--John

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Kevin Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2012 01:15 PM      Profile for Kevin Meyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Catalog is sold

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 11, 2012 02:38 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is enough to revise the subject from "[the original title] - SOLD".

We do not need to delete this thread as it can be a useful information for others who are interested with old catalogs or simply a nostalgia for us to see this photo. Plus we are giving additional job for moderator to delete thread.

My 2 cents though.

--------------------
Winbert

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted August 11, 2012 02:53 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, Winbert. Deleting threads just because an item is sold is not necessary.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 11, 2012 02:56 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree there Michael and Winbert,and John can now indulge in
some serious nostalgia thanks to Kevin.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 11, 2012 02:58 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Title changed, thread can remain.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Kevin Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2012 11:47 PM      Profile for Kevin Meyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you guys are right, probably better to leave the thread and just mark the item as sold. By the way, I will be having more catalogs from the mid-1970s for sale, including more Blackhawk, as well as Reel Images, Cinema 8 and LC Films.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC