8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Sweeney - Iver 2x400ft cutdown

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sweeney - Iver 2x400ft cutdown
David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2017 07:29 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could source a copy of this with original packaging - i know it was released but I haven't seen a copy for a long time - any advice would be welcome.

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2017 12:53 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the feature film of The Sweeney? I've never seen a copy of that on Super 8, only the Walton TV episodes.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2017 02:15 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian,

Iver released a double album cutdown of the Sweeney feature film

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 19, 2017 03:16 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny thing about this release is that i have never even seen a review of it anywhere. I wonder if it was one of there last releases with a limited run of prints. We ordered a 3 x 400 ft version of cross of iron from Iver when they announced it. The film never turned up, instead i got my cheque returned to me by the administrator. The film was never released except for a 400 ft version which we do have. Marketing however, did release there own 3 x 400ft but only in German
I'm sure this Sweeney cut down was one of the last they did. It must be very rare. [Wink]

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2017 03:22 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,

i believe your right in the rarity department - last time i saw the double album it was in a display case at a local department store and i was about 14 or 15 years old in the early 80's and i haven't seen one since - but i know its out there

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC