8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » 2 Disney Feature Movies for Sale in As New Condition

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2 Disney Feature Movies for Sale in As New Condition
Gilbert Lambert
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2017 03:34 PM      Profile for Gilbert Lambert   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lady and the Tramp Scope Top Colours Top Print in Original DERANN Box as New Now available for bidding on eBay.
Hunchback of Notre Dame Top Colours Top Print in Original DERANN Box Now available for bidding on eBay

[ September 06, 2017, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Gilbert Lambert ]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 04, 2017 05:08 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
My my that is quite some comedown Gilbert. I will keep you in mind for a second print of Lady & The Tramp unless you sell it first, of course.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Gilbert Lambert
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2017 12:28 AM      Profile for Gilbert Lambert   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just found another huge collection of over 400 features and shorts. A collector who passed away in the Netherlands . Widow only wants to sell in one go.( I understand her but it's a lot of money ) By offering these Disney's at that price here , I sell with a loss , but need the cash to buy that huge attic full of goodies. The 400 Super 8 from the widow seem to be in great condition. I can see her husband was a real movie lover and collector, all well kept nice in Original Boxes. I'm negotiating with the person she appointed to sell them. Let's hope I can reach an agreement soon.

[ September 05, 2017, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: Gilbert Lambert ]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 05, 2017 03:15 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's hoping Gilbert! [Wink]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 05, 2017 11:10 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LUVVVVV to find out what's in that attic!! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gilbert Lambert
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2017 12:11 PM      Profile for Gilbert Lambert   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know already ALL the titles, sadly due to Film Forum rules can not say anything otherwise we'll create a bit of chatting that could be next to the point of locating a huge great collection.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 05, 2017 12:36 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
There are no rules here Gilbert that stop you from listing a load of film titles just to whet everyone's appetite may be.

It would do nothing to either confirm or jeopardize your deal but you may get some useful feedback to suggest whether or not the films suit the requirements of today's collectors.

Respectfully, all I'd point out, that as a dealer if you're taking a loss by selling prints at over four hundred euros, I would imagine it fairly difficult to make a great deal of profit from such a large outlay.

If it were my own money, I know I would certainly feel nervous at say laying out ten or twenty grand if I was relying on selling prints at around £400 to £500 at a time.

Just my own thoughts of course and others may see these bulk deals much differently than I am here.
Who knows?

[ September 05, 2017, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Gilbert Lambert
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2017 01:19 PM      Profile for Gilbert Lambert   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dealing in movies all formats Super 8, standard 8 , 16 mm and 35 mm since the days Dinosaurs Ruled The World ( just kidding I started 16 mm first at the age of 14 in 1964 ) On the total I never made any loss, but not always profit neither on each movie. Sometimes I pleased collectors by selling them prints money for money and still would do, if I'm sure they would end up in great hands, rather than in somebody's hands who would butcher something rare. I'll think about it.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 05, 2017 03:15 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a very admirable trait Gilbert.
I too would much rather see prints go to those you know will preserve them well. [Wink]

--------------------

Gilbert Lambert
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2017 12:17 AM      Profile for Gilbert Lambert   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received mails from collectors and based upon what they wrote and asked me I decided to put the Hunchback of Notre Dame on in the bidding on eBay starting at 290 US Dollars ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-8-DERANN-The-Hunchback-of-Notre-Dame-Great-Print-As-New-/142498792375?hash=item212d9703b7:g:HEQAAOSwRqBZn8q1 , there was a guy from Spain begging me to sell Lady + Hunchback together for 300 euro shipping ( 49 euro ) included .. I think he thought no guts no glory ..

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 06, 2017 03:29 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Lady plus Hunchback for 300€ shipping included...
= White Box Special prices (faulty goods) on a Derann Open Day event 25yrs ago.

Still you have to admire the brazen cheek of some people! [Wink]

--------------------

Gilbert Lambert
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2017 04:57 AM      Profile for Gilbert Lambert   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know I use to go there to DERANN ( coffee , chatting , meeting , buying , comparing Laserdiscs back then with film, when I lived in Cardiff. The "great" old days ... I Took Lady and the Tramp off for a few days on eBay... Tooooo many silly emails , another idiot from Italy offered me 150 euro Shipping Included. So after Paypal and shipping I would have 93 euro left net for myself. I'm a kind hearted person I do a lot for charity , but this is pushing it a little bit too far, ... Anyway Lady and the Tramp is also on auction by demand ..

[ September 06, 2017, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Gilbert Lambert ]

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC