8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » No Magnetic Sound Playback on TRV-16

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No Magnetic Sound Playback on TRV-16
Bryon Fields Harrington Jr.
Junior

- posted September 14, 2012 12:53 PM      Profile for Bryon Fields Harrington Jr.   Email Bryon Fields Harrington Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I would like to start this post by introducing my current setup at my office to do film to video transfers. I work with a TRV-16 that sends the audio/video signal out to a Sony HVRM25AU deck which transfers the image and sound via firewire to FCP.

The current project that I am working with some film that has an audio magnetic track that is producing almost no sound at all. I can hear some sound after I have transferred the film in FCP but the quality is extremely low.

I have tried cleaning the magnetic head with a q-tip and I still have the same quality of sound. I have also tried cleaning the film to wipe any dust that might have been muffling the sound, but I am still getting the same result.

The optical sound playback seems to be working fine on the machine. The sound quality is a little low but I usually raise the levels in post.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what steps I can take next? I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you.

all is well

fields

--------------------
fields

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 14, 2012 01:35 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Bryon,have you tried playing this film on a different projector
just to establish that the recorded track is okay?

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC