8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » theatrical digital revolution (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: theatrical digital revolution
David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2006 10:12 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We run a first release three screen theatre with 26 meter wide screens, without doubt the lowest quality print we have had this year was Miami Vice. Dark and blury all the way through. I wondered what was wrong with the lab to allow such poor quality into release until told it was shot using the new Viper digital camera. A message to the producers; no more of this crap or there will be a riot at our theatre!

|  IP: Logged

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2006 11:22 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'it was shot using the new Viper'
sounds in my german ears that the film was killed
without any chance to get a blockbuster. [Big Grin]

... yesterday ... it was Friday again ...
I sold tickets again and I wondered, why
the prices in all theater were on the level
for 35mm films...
I asked one of our projectionsts what happened,
why all films are shown on 35mm?
He answered that they have all films from last
week still ready on computer, but they canīt
start them, because something goes wrong with
the system .... no more comment ....

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 16, 2006 01:48 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my recent DVD rentals had a very poor image, lots of grain and poor color etc. After viewing it, I looked at the box and it said 'Filmed in High Definition'.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2006 03:30 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart, I wonder how good 'The Sound of Music' would have looked if it was screened from a new 70mm print as it should be seen. Still wouldn't change the fact that... no I'd better not say anything along those lines or else everyone will know I can't stand musicals!!!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Stuart Fyvie
Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2006 11:34 AM      Profile for Stuart Fyvie   Email Stuart Fyvie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't a fan of Julie Andrews and her 'Idleswine' either....

Stuart

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC