8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Bauer U4 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Bauer U4
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 05, 2012 05:21 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news and pics Graham. If you need more room, can you thread the film from the house next door? Keep them pics coming and don't forget the video documentary! [Eek!]

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 22, 2012 04:10 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am still thinking of a video clip later on when the larger screen is up. Yesterday was the first time I had run a full feature plus trailers using its platter. It ran as always really well but it felt a bit strange to see this 35mm equipment running and thinking it really should be in a cinema, seems a shame. It might be old but there is really nothing wrong with it and could have continued in cinema use for many years to come. As far as the future I would like to open things up a bit more including our home cinema for more use...any ideas ?

Anyway here are some more photos taken yesterday of its first platter run since the cinema closed back in November. It was mid-afternoon so there was still a lot of light in the garage. I still have a bit of work to do on the aperture plate.

For anyone thinking of using a 35mm Scope lens for Super8, you can use one, although the adjustment is of the marked scale you can still adjust it down and it works fine. The distance in this case is about 16 to 17 feet.
 -

-
I managed to get the Ultra Stereo unit and a Monitor from the cinema to improve the sound side. Later when I am rich I will sort it out a lot better, but it will do for the time being. Wiring the Ultra Stereo at the back "fader" and switching to remote allows an external main volume control makes it a lot easier to use and smooth control over the volune levels.
 -
The original control box that was at the back of the cinema and for a few dollars I replaced the volume control pot and fitted a larger knob.
 -
one quick screen shot just before the feature of the Scope trl Super8.
 -
The movie itself.
 -
There was a lot of light coming into the garage and onto the screen at the time those screen shots were taken

-

Graham.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 22, 2012 05:24 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

Great to see more pics! The screen look great even with the extra light coming in. Just think of the positive side of this. You saved that equipment from God knows what, you have it to use anytime you want, it didn't cost you any money to get it and you have your own cinema. A lot of film buffs would love to be where you are right now(except for location). I still want to see a video of this. You should make a documentary and try to sell it to TV. " Death Of A Cinema : The Graham Ritchie Story". What do you think of the title?

Pat [Wink]

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2012 07:22 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham...I admire your perserverance in setting up this awesome home cinema. I think that you should find some local film buffs and start a film club. You can get together at your place and talk film and hang out and enjoy top notch screenings. I also like Pat's idea. And even if you make the video for your own enjoyment it would be a nice document of what you have done.

Nice work Graham!

Bill [Big Grin]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 22, 2012 08:26 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for those ideas, years ago we used to put on shows for retirement homes who would arrive in a mini-bus in the early afternoon and after the movie have a cup of tea and Yvonne home made scones, which I think was a highlight of the afternoon outing. The last count back then was around 400 scones, we used to charge $4 each, not for the movies, but to cover costs like heating etc. I like the idea of a film club as well so will look into it as well.

Pat, I like the title, it sounds good [Smile] our young side kick and myself did make a dvd of the place a while ago and tried to make it as interesting as possible. It was a fun project complete with voice over which was added later. I did make a point of including the girls downstairs and they were very good at participating in it.

At the moment I have some video taken when the place closed down and hope to add more when the building comes down. I can edit down everything taken, for a before and after, including some Super8 film which is still to get developed including the new home of the Bauer.

Pity our dvd was not on HD, but we both have a copy each and its something to look back on in years to come [Smile]
 -

-
taken from the dvd
 -
Lamp change.
 -
getting the lamp and mirror aligned after fitting the new Xenon.

Graham. [Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC