8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » FILMS YOU WISH YOU HADN'T LET GO (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: FILMS YOU WISH YOU HADN'T LET GO
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 23, 2012 12:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its happened to the best and worst of us. When I first got back into the super 8 collecting thing (2002), I found a fella overseas in the UK who, along with his auctions for super 8 prints on ebay, informed me that he has a STAR WARS scope print for sale, but not on ebay. I agreed to buy it for 300.00 which I felt was a bargain. I asked if he could send it with the won auctions that I had bought from him on ebay, and he said, he would rather keep the two transactions serperate.

Lousy ba***rd! Convenniently, the STAR WARS package got lost in the mail (supposedly), but hey, what do you know, both ebay auctions I got from him arrived just fine. When I pursued him about the STAR WARS not arriving, he sent me a screenshot of the "post notification" of the packages that he sent, which had mine on it, but he could have scribbled that in after that post stamped document was stamped by the post, and when I asked for at least half my money back, the lousy ba***rd said no, flat out!

I wish I remembered who the ba***rd was. For all I kinow, it might be someone who I know now in the film community, (but won't reveal himself, for obvious reasons!).

But I hope the cheating lousy ba***rd enjoyed his money, and I hope that he was royally screwwed time and time again after my "purchase" from him!

... and yes, if you think I'm still bitter about it after all these years, your right!! (Be nice if the lousy rotten cheap ba***rd would anonymously send half back to me, then I agree to stop calling that UK living (cuz he was from or still in the UK)
lousy, lower than a snake, someone I wouldn't spare a pint of piss if he was burning in hell ba***rd, all these fine names which, in my book, this person certainly has earned ...

got lost in the mail my arse!!

Ahhhh, that felt quite good.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 23, 2012 04:16 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear of that Osi,two names that spring to mind that are
unscrupulous in the UK, and I'll just use surnames, Watson and
James are definately to be avoided.Two in the US that cost me
nearly $2000.oo some years ago,and again I'll just use their surnames
De Falco of L.A and Haupt of Baltimore,I would love to sit them
each on a pointed stake and every day I would place a brick in their hands.That was through replying to ads these conmen
had placed in the "Big Reel."Unfortunately these people spring up where ever, and we just have to remain on our guard and
hopefully keep an eye out for each other.Those unfortunate
experiences haven't coloured my perceptions of people as in
this great hobby of ours I've met and dealt with some lovely folk
some have passed on but a few are still here and the people on
this very Forum I feel as though I've known them for years,so
the robbers that are out there can't take that away.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 24, 2012 12:31 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very true. In fact, this person I discussed in my previous post is the only one of two people, in ten years of collecting, that I had a bad experience with.

The ironic thing is that the other one, was a fellow over in Australia. I had bought, "Blockheads", "Creature From the Black Lagoon (3D) and one other Laurel and Hardy feature, which title escapes me, and I never recieved them, and the person conviently disappeared not to be heard from again. All I remember was that the persons e-mail went something like "PCBobby", and that was a 150.00 dollar rip-off, but that one doesn't hold the sting that the STAR WARS one did, just because, well heck, it was STAR WARS!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC