8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » A Wee Story

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Wee Story
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 28, 2006 12:14 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After reading comments on the age of collectors I came across this story. If you're less than 10 years old you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions "Im four and half" You're never thirty-six and a half.You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key. You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead. "Im gonna be 16"! You could be 13 but hey. you'ra gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life... you become 21.Sounds like a ceremony..YOU BECOME 21.But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there?Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED;we had to throw him out. There's no fun now. What's changed? You BECOME 21,you TURN 30,then you're PUSHING 40.Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone. But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would! You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70!After that it's a day-by-day thing: you HIT Wednesday!You get into your 80s and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30;you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s you start going backwards;"I Was JUST 92" Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!" [Wink]
Graham

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 28, 2006 10:05 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very funny Graham. Sounds like a great stand up act. "Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for coming to the 8mm Forum Club. Anyone here from out of town.....?"

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 18, 2006 09:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's George Carlin's stuff!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 14, 2011 06:10 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I am at work at the moment with the projectors ticking away...and thought I would look through some old posts...this one made me smile. I will be 60 next year and stuck working here with teenagers [Big Grin] actually they are a good bunch, however the age thing is often discussed at work, as you might know, anyone in there eyes who is in the 20s is looked on as old...so what does that make me [Eek!] anyway the girls downstairs gave me a present the other day, a walking stick in case I fall down the stairs and brake my hip, it came with a ribbon and a note.

Anyway, I thought it was actually nice, although the manager did not pick up that it was meant to be a joke as I was using it at work...and thought I had injured myself [Roll Eyes] I did recently ask our young side kick projectionist what he would do if he was 60. The answer have a "Sigma funeral plan"....great eh! I did follow that up that if there was going to be any funeral around here it will his [Smile] joking of course. However working with teenagers has been a real education

Graham. [Smile]

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2011 11:11 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like something Seinfeld would say. Very funny, indeed. Very clever and poignant. I went to bed last night and I was 18. Woke up this morning and I'm 47, married with 2 daughters. Slow the ride down, please... I'm in no hurry to get off!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC