8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Maverick, where are you?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maverick, where are you?
Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2011 05:23 AM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else in the forum on the 'to be notified' list for DVD's of the old TV series 'Maverick'? If you're not aquainted with this burning issue, fans of this series from the late fifties/early sixties have for some years petitioned Warner Bros to release this item, as most of the other TV westerns of that period have been freely available for some time. There was a three episode DVD released some time back which was apparently snapped up and is now selling at ridiculous prices, and I recently bought a 16mm print of an episode, which was as good as I remembered. Maverick was arguably the most popular, therefore the most sought after. I'm on the list, and I have been told by one other member of this 'club' that he applied six years ago!
Are Warners waiting for their customer base to die out? It doesn't seem like a good marketing ploy.
Anyone got any inside info?

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC