8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Any Upcoming 8mm Events in Atlanta, Georgia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Upcoming 8mm Events in Atlanta, Georgia
William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2015 05:28 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently moved to a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia and was wondering if anyone knows of any upcoming events in Atlanta involving 8mm.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 08, 2015 05:48 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not exactly Atlanta, and not completely 8mm but there is a Laurel and Hardy Festival in Harlem, Georgia in October.

Dan Lail does a film show during the festival.

It's a shame you didn't come to CineSea while you were still here: All Film, All Weekend!

-but then again if you did come now you still wouldn't set the travel record (Currently: Iceland!)

We know a really great butcher shop in Seaford: leaving it behind would be the absolute Wurst!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 08, 2015 05:58 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
There used to be Super 8 Motel on Slappey Boulevard in Albany G.A.
If there are to be any future conventions, it would be extremely appropriate if it was held here, if of course, this motel still exists. It was, after all 1999 last time I was there. [Wink]

The enormous placard always brought a wry smile to my face in those days as Super 8, back then, was already a distant warm memory back then only to be revisited full on over a decade later.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 08, 2015 06:06 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-but between that motel and that Abrams/Spielberg movie, it really messed up our web searches!

I stayed in a Super-8 Motel in upstate New York a few years back.

-Rippoff!: there wasn't an inch of film anywhere!

(Even that close to Rochester!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 08, 2015 06:09 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Time for change Steve, and only you guys can up the profile of the motel chain!

In this retro obsessed era it may very well go down a storm!

Count me in if you pull it off,I had the time of my life last time I was there!

Now I suddenly have the urge to watch the last 15minutes of the world's most adulated chick flick ever...arghhh!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 09, 2015 12:25 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I stayed at the 16mm Motel, half the cost of 8mm - Let that sink in before the guffaws start - On a serious note, let's invite everyone to the next CINESEA in October - Film, Fun and Friends, what could be better? - Shorty

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC