8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » AWFULLY QUIET

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AWFULLY QUIET
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 14, 2003 10:03 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember when this was the hub-bub of activity much like the general store on a saturday night - Did everyone go to the ball game? - Shorty [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2003 01:04 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Shorty

I think people drifted away a bit during the time we were 'off air'. [Frown] Hopefully they will all start to drift back now, perhaps we should be spreading the word to make sure everyone knows. [Smile]

Mike.

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 14, 2003 01:17 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect a lot of people are trying to access this site by using their bookmarks or favorites. I know I was doing this for several days and it does'nt work. You have to go to the home page , as Brad has explained. Also, the forum was out of action for a long period, and a lot of Collectors may be assuming it is dead ( I almost did). In view of this, any collectors who have already got back into the new forum, should probably E-MAIL any fellow collectors and let them know that the forum is back up and running, and to enter thru the home page. For example, where is John Clancy?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 14, 2003 02:01 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The strange part is though the home page lists 36 members(as of this writing), only a third have posted. One query: If Brad Miller is member #2, who has the honor of being the first?

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2003 02:23 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have just mailed John Clancy and Trevor Adams with the new link because I had their email addresses and haven't seen any posts from them yet. May be they have already registered but not posted, are you out there John and Trev'?

Given time I'm sure we will soon get back to normal. Perhaps we should all go through our address books and spread the word [Wink] .

Mike.

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted June 14, 2003 02:45 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Since we upgraded to the new forum software, there is no way the old bookmark will work. This is why I have never been in favor of websites that allow bookmarking, for it always causes confusion down the road. So as a general rule, any time you think a website has shut down or has disappeared, remember to go to the root directory and delete everything in your bookmark after the .com or .net, etc. The way this is set up now, you can bookmark the root directory and still go straight to the forums as well as be able to see if anyone is in the chat room. Plus the bookmark will never expire.

I don't have a list of the old members. If anyone here knows collectors who are not present, please do email them and let them know the proper internet address, as I have no way to send out an email notice.

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2003 06:10 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mike n' all.I can assure my "quietness" was due to my incredible ability to ignore instructions -Brad will know!Great to be back.Films I've aquired in the interim;"The General"-Blackhawk with sound and commentary.A digest version on an Elmo 1200ft reel."Bulldog Jack"-faded but a good watch-3x400(I've two of these,any offers for one?)."The Bandwaggon"-2x800ft,big hearted Arthur and Stinker Murdoch,Jack Hylton and a bunch of spies in a haunted castle.OI!

--------------------
Trevor

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 15, 2003 07:56 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Say! That Blackhawk edition of the scored GENERAL is one that I've been looking for, only thing is that print is slightly abridged I think - I managed to locate one of my CASTLE wants so far; that being the box for HURRY! HURRY! - Slightly worn, but no split corners - 5 to go - Shorty

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2003 01:49 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, for one, would love to get my hands on some of the Harold Lloyd features that Blackhawk licensed from Time/Life. I remember seeing the Time/Life scored versions on tv as a kid and not only were the prints gorgeous, but the scores were jazzy and up-tempo. I wasn't able to afford too much in the 70's when Blackhawk had them for sale so I had to rely on PBS to keep showing them Saturday nights. I'm also searching for the Lupino Lane short "Drama Deluxe" also issued by Blackhawk. Castle released it in a 1-reel version called "Wrong Way Willie", but I always wondered what was edited out. Castle released it in both Silent AND Sound and all you ever see on EBAY is the Silent version. The version with musical accompaniment is sooooooooo hard to find.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 16, 2008 02:08 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
also hard to find is the Niles 8mm silent Slipping Wives

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2008 04:59 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa! Joe, that's like a 5 year time slip... [Smile]

I feel like Marty Mcfly...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 16, 2008 05:05 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, I was skimming over old pages and totally dredged-up the past again

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2008 05:11 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you, I feel younger and thinner again!!! [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 16, 2008 08:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JUst curious, are talking of the 8mm forum or another site?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2008 05:40 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Osi, I was just being silly because I was reading through this thread and suddenly realised that it was from 5 years ago and Joe's new post had brought it back up to the top!

I just felt like I had gone back in time there for a moment! [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC