8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig S903

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig S903
Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2003 03:40 PM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just picked one of these up. It is in good condition and works well.

There was no manual, but most of it is straightforward. However, if anyone has one: how do you remove the lens for cleaning? Are there any peculiarities of the machine I should beware of?

--------------------
Tim

|  IP: Logged

Stuart Fyvie
Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2003 03:59 PM      Profile for Stuart Fyvie   Email Stuart Fyvie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first 'proper' super 8 machine was a 905. The lens shhould come out
by twisting the focus knob anti-clockwise fully then the lens slips out the sleeve. All the cleanable parts of the gate are marked in red when you remove the front cover. The marked parts should click out. Watch the top spring (before the gate) which requires cleaning as the top part is 'sprocketless'. If this is dirty it it can scratch film. Otherwise they are very smooth and quiet machines. Always thought the co-axial spool holders were a smart idea as it saves on space.

Good luck!

Stuart

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2003 04:59 PM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Stuart. You are right, the 903 is a very quiet machine, and, now I can finish cleaning it, will perform well: judging by the performance with hairy gate and fluffy lens. I did clean the film guides before using it. I always polish mine with Pleadge spray polish after cleaning to ensure a smooth finish. Great stuff.

I've had maybe a dozen Eumigs (still got five) and they are all different! Even the half-dozen or so P8s I've had have all been different in detail. If you take the best design features of Eumigs and build them into one projector, you'de end up with the best machine ever.

Thanks again.

--------------------
Tim

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 15, 2003 09:57 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,
Keep a look out for the 938 stereo model. To my mind, the best ever Eumig projector. (See my thread on the 938)

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC