8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » How can I increase light output for a Eumig Projectors?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How can I increase light output for a Eumig Projectors?
Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2004 12:20 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone tried, or is it possible to have an increased light output on Eumig Sound Projectors?

I have some wonderful Blackhawk prints in Standard 8mm (silent & sound) that rival 16mm and would like to have the opportunity to view them with an increased light output.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 25, 2004 11:45 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, your best bet is to get a faster lens. Try to find an F1.0 Eumig projection lens, or an F1.0 lens of another make that can be adapted to fit the Eumig by turning down or sleeving the barrel of the lens. I came across a superb Kodak Ektar f1.0 fixed focus lens from an old Kodak sound projector, and it almost doubles the light output from the existing f1.3 Eumig lens. I use this lens all the time on my Eumigs, the improvement in brightness, contrast, and sharpness is very noticeable indeed.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2004 01:12 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael
I agree with Paul. If its the original mk.s you have,it has a fairly standard lens barrel of 32.5 mm.I use a schneider f1.1 11-30 zoom with my mk s.without any modification because its the same size.
The schneider lens was supplied with Norris projectors as an extra cost option.The 32.5mm lens barrel remained in use but the projector manufacturers then began adding pins and grooves to interface with their focusing mechanisms.
The better lens vastly ups the light and you get a bigger picture at the 11mm end.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC