8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sigh sigh... aaaargh aaargh...(dolor and tears...)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sigh sigh... aaaargh aaargh...(dolor and tears...)
Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2004 09:06 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15255&item=3812434179&rd=1

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

|  IP: Logged

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2004 02:10 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Ugo what did it sell for???? or am i missing something.

Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2004 07:31 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
The seller ended the auction early to sell it to the high bidder at $51.00US with $45.00US shipping.

Doesn't seem right. The buyer had feedback of "1".

Maybe not a real sale?

John

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 07, 2004 07:42 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most likely what happened is the high bidder or someone else contacted the seller and asked what they ultimately wanted for the item. The seller gave the buyer a price and the auction was stopped. That happened on a Fumeo I was about to bid on. The Fumeo Seller told me that he received a good offer and didn't want to wait till auctions end.

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2004 01:24 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will never understand sellers who do that... It should be obvious that if someone offers you $Xyz to end the auction, that means that he/she thinks that it's likely to go for more than that if allowed to continue.... Odd...

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2004 03:52 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something is afoot with 8mm stuff-I could only raise $NZ80 for a couple of cased ST1200HDs recently. Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2004 02:08 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor,

Now if that had been a pair of GS 1200's I might have hopped on a plane to come pick them up!

Are you still planning a trip to England this year?

Rgds

Tony

--------------------
Tony

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2004 03:01 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not this year Tony,we have had holidays to Melbourne and Singapore -that's all I can afford on the pension! Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2004 04:25 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi folks,
about this GS at 51$, if you check the feedback of the seller you'll read a positive comment which means the projector arrived to the buyer! Oh oh.. for 51$ ???

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2004 04:50 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor,

I thought you said you were popping over in August. Anyway, forget the pension just bring over a suitcase of films and Ian O'Reilly will pay for your hols!

Tony

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC