8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Creature in full length?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Creature in full length?
John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2004 12:07 AM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Was Creature From The Black Lagoon released as a full length sound print on Super8? I've seen several cut downs and a 3d version mentioned here and elsewhere but no mention of a full length release.

Regards, John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2004 01:16 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that I know of. Just a 200ft and a 400ft with the 400ft being 3D and the best 3D I've seen on Super 8 at that.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2004 07:38 AM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I guess the dvd (if one can be found at a reasonable price) will have to do.

John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 12, 2004 08:18 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The DVD has been out for a few years. Unfortunately we only get to watch Julie Adams in 2-D.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Xander van der Merwe
Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2004 07:43 PM      Profile for Xander van der Merwe   Author's Homepage   Email Xander van der Merwe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To coincide with the release of Van Helsing in theatres, Universal has released a new batch of Universal Horror movies on DVDs (Creature from the Black Lagoon, Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Invisible Man, etc) at very reasonable pricing of around 37% of a normal new release DVD pricing. The transfer quality of these are also particularly good. I'm having a lot of fun showing these old B&W classics in my home theatre, creating an atmosphere very similar to what it must have been back in the 1930s...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC