8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Tony or Mikey-computer generated thinking?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tony or Mikey-computer generated thinking?
Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2004 06:02 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK,here is one right off any film topic.It is just 11 am here in NZ.The sun in the north is burning on my back.I'm looking south west at a large full moon.What is happening in the UK night sky please?Trev

--------------------
Trevor

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2004 11:32 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trev'

Are you referring to the Saturn [or was it Jupiter] thing that was happening this morning from 0600 - 1200 ? I got to work all set to make a pin hole camera type viewing box thing just like we all did during the eclipse but was told;'it wasn't work related' I argued that this was the first time it had happenned for 121 years and we should have a look but was told; 'if an email comes round we can all go in to the car park with our card and compasses and check it out'.

Any way, I forgot all about it after that so have no idea whether the little black dot that moved across the sun was a truely life changing experience. [Frown]

Or were you referring to something else?

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2004 03:19 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just the MOON Mike.(Not Venus transiting the sun!)It occurred to me it was 11pm in the UK and young lovers ought to be sitting under the moon.So,what is it doing high in our southern sky at the time?!!!!Thought I'd better ask a Brit."YL-er".........Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2004 06:05 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trev

Ahhhh I remember those days well........

Then I got married!

Tony

ps I saw the venus thing, and shall never recover from the emotional experience!

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC