8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » VIRUS STILL ON SITE.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VIRUS STILL ON SITE.
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 19, 2004 09:24 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
once again i have recieved a second shity virus while on this forum.
hope the administrators look into this soon and can get rid of it. If the sad twat responible for this is reading this,(unlikely i suppose), get a life you sad F****** W**k*r [Mad]
This time i was prepared thanks to some of our friends [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2004 11:48 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you talking about this site or about the site I said?
oh..oh..
Marx is died, God is died, and I don't feel good (W.Allen).. and my PC has a virus...

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2004 12:08 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom

Are you getting the problem while on this site or are you using a link from here to another place? Do you have anti-virus software? If you do, is it loaded to watch for downloads?

Are your connecting by broadband or dial up? You might have a trojan downloader or it might just be spyware. On the other hand a "friend" could have put a keystroke logger on your machine.

John

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 19, 2004 01:09 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definatley on this site as i have not visited any other sites at all, or used any links, i do have a virus checker and it did pick up a trojan on while i was on this site yesterday, fortunatly after my last episode it is bang up to date and also does check e mails. iat the mo i'm pay as you go but am switching to b-band soon. Best thing for a virus, bed for two weeks, with a 6ft blonde!!!!!! [Wink]

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2004 01:46 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom

The problem can be far more complicated (of course the problem with the Blonde can be even more complicated). If you already have a trojan on your system, it can just wait until it senses an internet connection (your dial up) and then it goes out and tries to connect to something and download it.

This is usally spyware and if you have anyone that uses your computer and downloads music, that's most likely where you got it. It would be strange that you're the only one that got a virus from this site so it's more likely it was waiting for the network/internet connection which just happened to be when you connected to this site.

Perhaps not so everyone should be careful.

Have you given your "fantasy" a name? Should be call her Erica or Bridgett?

John

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 19, 2004 03:35 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
HI Tom, Yes these virus's can be a pain. The worst I think are the ones that email themselves to all the contacts in your address book and of course it escalates from there. Once you go to Broad band make sure you have a good firewall built in as otherwise you will be plagued with the things. Windows XP'x network connections has a good firewall built in and should be enabled otherwise install one of the ther good ones such as those offered by Symantec or Macafee. Another good one but fiddly is Zonealarm. These will at least stop people coming in the back door with all the dross they have to offer. Once you are connected to net via broadband, your machine gets its own IP address and you are then connected to a huge Network.
When I went on Broadband a couple of months ago I couldnt understand why my Norton Antivirus was popping up every few mins to tell me I had a virus. I then discovered that my ISP's softwre makes the dial up connection but leaves the Firewall off. Once I enabled it all went extremely quiet.
This internet stuff is all good fun! [Wink]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted June 28, 2004 02:17 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no virus on this server. I do not use shared servers like most websites do. This is a privately owned dedicated server that is exclusively managed by Daryl O'Shea and myself. I know you have a problem believing me, but there is NO virus on this server. It would have to be specifically implemented for such a thing to occur and if so it would be affecting everyone. The problem is local to your computer. The outstanding odds are you picked it up via email.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC