8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Independence Day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Independence Day
John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2004 11:04 AM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 4th of July from us Yanks here across the pond.

Please keep on supporting us in this war against terrorism, I'm glad you guys are helping with the fight. We are sister countries after all, two nations separated by a common language. [Smile]

Best wishes to you all, John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted July 03, 2004 11:08 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was the film for sale! [Smile]

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2004 11:14 AM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rik.

I thought it appropriate to pipe up here and spread the cheer.

There's a fair amount of English blood running thru my veins from several centuries back.

John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 03, 2004 03:41 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, John Cook sounds very English and in fact my mothers name is indeed Cook!!!

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2004 08:14 AM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in New York a couple of months before 9-11 and filmed the Twin Towers on SUPER 8 K40.Its quite profound to think they are no longer there!
I wonder if my couple of shots were the last ever taken of the Towers,on movie film,since super 8 isnt used much these days.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 04, 2004 01:32 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On a one off note, hope all you US chaps had a hAppy 4th july, i think in our country we'r far too soft on the terror people, when we do catch them there are too many do gooders who do their best to protect and defend them, bring back hanging for them, and for the the scabby laweyrs who seek to make loads of dosh defending them i say send them over to those supporting countries to live, better still, hang them for treason as well, (you may know this, but in England you can still be hung for treason) [Wink]
Any way back to films, see my subject--- [Big Grin]

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2004 02:22 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely right Tom.

But 'Independence Day' is a pretty good 'Scope print. Just a shame the film was crap.

(Thought I ought to add an 8mm theme to this post somehow!!!)

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 05, 2004 11:51 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good point John, i reckon that film does look on scope, a lot of people took the film the wrong way. Some of the script was an embarasment but it was a tribute to the sci-fi films of the 50's - 60s. If you bere that in mind it's easier to forgive, but you are right, they could have made it much better.
I'd get it if was a bargin somewhere. [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC