8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » SYNCHRO ADAPTER question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SYNCHRO ADAPTER question
Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2004 04:45 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I found a box with a Synchro Adapter P-10 from Elmo.
Please do not laugh, but I donīt know what can I do with this.
Is it useful for re-recording from ST1200 to GS1200 or can I use it also for any sound Systems ??
Here is a Photo:
http://www.chapter-x.com/synchro.jpg

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2004 02:28 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got one of those too - never did establish what it is used for. However, I think there are instructions with it so I'll try to remember to have a look. I got it with loads of other Elmo sync' equipment.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2004 03:27 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, is this the one we looked at last night? If so, can you remember what it does? I'm bound to forget to to have a look at the manual again.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 26, 2004 04:21 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes John it was the one we looked at in your collection of Elmo boxed bits.
Its for direct connection to an early Philips Cassette recorder which had an extra head added to it for pulse sync.
There are no electronics in the recorder associated with the extra head as they are built into the P10.
I would think that the P10 would also work with some of the reel to reel machines which had an extra head fitted along side the originals for use with units made by companies such as Cresta.
I think unless you have this sort of machine that the P10 is probably one to keep for posterity or the box if your Mike Peckham [Wink]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC