8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » October BFCC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: October BFCC
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 23, 2004 05:46 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright all you lucky guy's who got to the BFCC, the rest of us are waiting to hear all about it............

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2004 04:14 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic….. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Kevin Faulkner, Tony Milman, Mike Peckham and everyone else that I met throughout the day for making me feel so welcome. It was nice to put faces to names. Please spare a thought for dear old Mr Chris Quinn who is now about to spend the next three weeks living on dry bread & water. Chris definitely done his bit for the dealers this time. So far the prints that I bought and have tested have proved to be excelent quality. [Smile]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2004 12:58 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really enjoyed the BFCC, Mike and Rob's stall was full of interesting stuff and gave the lightwater gang a base, especially for me to dump my films before going of on the hunt again, did get carried away but there seemed to be more on offer and more bargains, Deranns table i kept going back to as the 25% off sale was very tempting 5th element £25.00 200ft disney reelers £3 and i got some excellent prints there as new.
Winnie the Poo's Blustery day 1 x 600 £60 i picked up loads more from other dealers, very successful day and now very broke.
just bought a feature from Paul Foster today and on a forced diet for the next 3 weeks. [Wink]

Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2004 01:53 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As always a great day out and thanks as ever to those who organise and help out whilst the rest of us try to find Chrs' Bank Manager!

What a shame that Classic and Derann did not bring enough stock of those items that were either featured in the "New release" section or were featured last time. So disappointing. Still, nice to know that Derann are prepared not only to honour the show price but also to throw in a free signed picture of Duncan as well [Eek!]

--------------------
Tony

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2004 02:50 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get the free signed picture of Duncan!! Phew!!!!!

Chris.

--------------------

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2004 07:12 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on Chris, spill the beans... give us a complete list of your purchases.

Did anyone get to see any of the shows? I'd be particularly interested to hear what anyone thought of the video presentation. We won't be able to do one next year as we have the Victoria Hall for both events due to next October being the 50th BFCC.

Personally I couldn't believe how good much of the Super 8 looked from right down the front. On the day most of it put the 16mm to shame. And none of the Super 8 we showed was of outstanding quality.

I handed all the money I had to spend to the stall of Mike Peckham and Rob Koelling. A couple of hard hitting salesmen if ever I met any.

From America, Paul Adsett and Doug Meltzer were deputized by Alan Rik on this occasion. He gave a good account of himself in representing his country and it's wonderful that the three of you have made such an effort to support the hobby this year. Well done and thank you.

It was a nice surprise to see our Italian friends there again. We didn't think they were going to be able to make it so many thanks to them also.

Keith's absolutely knackered now. He was before the day started actually and couldn't even lift his side of the screen when we got to the point of standing it up on Friday afternoon. Poor bugger - what he does for this hobby will be the death of him y'know. The little enjoyment Keith is able to take from the BFCC's is when people let him know they've enjoyed it, which usually comes afterwards. During the run up to the day and through the day he feels pressured. I don't think he gets nervous but all the organization and responsibility for everything rests on his shoulders so it is easy to understand why he is under such pressure. Four different projection guages (including DVD) set up for just one day is bound to generate a number of hitches so it's impossible to relax.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2004 01:09 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like everyone els it seems, I had a great day and for the first time ever I came home with more money than I went with and a fist full of new films!

Having the stall proved a great success, not only did it serve to sell on some surplus gear but also acted as a focal point for meeting up with not just the 'Lightwater Six' but many other people too, not just forum members but people that we got chatting to who we probably wouldn't have done otherwise. Excellant.

I bought several films [including one off our own table]. From Derann I bought Pearl harbour [amongst others], what an excellant print, I should have bought it ages ago. I was hoping to buy Baby Bloomers because I was too late in May as after the screening all of Deranns copies sold out very quickly, unfortunately there weren't any to be had this time either so I shall be ordering one shortly.

From Classic I bought 'Chubb-Chubbs' and 'Buddies Theatre', two excellant prints and very rewatchable. What I particularly like about Classics releases is the boxes [seriously], they are remanisant of the old Disney type boxes with a lift off top so they feel that much more substantial and some how more beffiting of the contents than the open end type, but that's just me ... [Roll Eyes]

I didn't get to see any of the shows but understand they went down well, there were certainly loads of people in the dealers rooms, stuff was still selling even late in the day.

I'd like to echo the comments already made and thank all those people who have given up so much of their own time to put this event on, clearly a lot of work goes into it and it deserves to be supported.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 25, 2004 03:51 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
My sentiments too Mike. Yes it was a good day and as you say the stall was a good place for us to dump our bits and pieces and act as a focal point for meeting some people. I didnt get a lot of time on the stall because I kept getting caught by various people wanting to ask an Elmo question or two or three!!!
I have to say that I didnt see too much of Chris Quinn either and on the rare moments I did it wasnt too flattering as it was normally his rear end on show because his head was inside some box on a dealers stall having a good root arround looking for a bargain.
He went home with carrier bags full of film and I dont suppose we will hear much from him now as his time will be taken up viewing his great haul. [Big Grin]
Al in all a good day if not a little quieter than on some previous conventions.
Keith Wilton, as allways, did his best to entertain us all and once again he succeeded helped by his able side kick John Clancy.
Great Day and a big thanks to Keith, John and of course all the dealers including that ever sinister Mike Peckham. [Big Grin]

Great Day, Kev. [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2004 04:16 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev

Let's get one thing straight, I might be sinsister but I'm no dealer! [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2004 04:26 PM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That depends on what side of the table you are on Mike ! [Wink]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 26, 2004 12:51 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although i wasn't in attendence this time, i wonder as next year see's the 50th some of the absent dealers may make a one off stand apperence to really make it a giant. 50th is a damm fine achievment bearing in mind a lot of people thought by 2000 film a=would be finished. How wrong were they? [Wink]

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2004 01:31 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,
What is going to be organised for the 50th BFCC, it should as Mike as said be made into a great event, and i hope the dealers will really pull all the stops to be there and contribute as much as possible. If you need help in anyway i will do my best to help.
As far as my Bargain hunt went, sorry lads, i just got completely caught up in it, loved it and kept finding stuff, must have done about 7 circuits. my only regret is not having the dosh to buy the Cinderella disney feature on the rake movies stand, sold to a french man for a very good price.
The Derann print of Winnie the Poo and the Blustery day that i bought is outstanding.

Chris.

Kev, I've got a really nice arse, so I've been told.

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 26, 2004 03:50 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes well I think we had better stop this thread right here.
I'm gald you were able to find plenty of titles that interested you. I was able to get one feature I have been after but not the others.

I'm still on the lookout for Derann's Disney print of Little mermaid. I know before the posts start that this wasnt their best Disney release but it's still one I havent got along with Lady and the Tramp.
The copy of 101 Dalmations I bought is just great. BTW can anyone tell me if the VHS or DVD release's have stereo sound?

Cheers, Kev. [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 26, 2004 04:47 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,
Are you going to post any October BFCC pictures on your web site? I can't wait to see them!

Paul

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2004 02:43 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I can ever get the soddin' FTP working here again the piccies will go up. Aggers is bringing a CD of piccies with him today. I'm sloping off for a couple of days though so it all may have to wait until next week.

Keith's been planning next year's conventions for some time. All I can say at the moment is the Victoria Hall has been booked for both events and we'll be featuring the history of film collecting in some fashion. If as many dealers come to the 50th as came to the convention just gone I think we'll do alright.

Also by then Keith will hopefully have a history of the BFCC DVD. This will no doubt partially be a history of Super 8.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 27, 2004 08:39 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like an event not to be missed. Maybe collectors here in the USA will make a special effort to attend this one. I know that I intend to be there if at all possible. How about it Doug, Chip, Alan , et al?

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC