8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Heurtier Stereo 42 on Ebay France

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heurtier Stereo 42 on Ebay France
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 26, 2004 12:51 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a really nice one...
Heutrier Stereo 42 auction page

I guess this is aimed at Paul, in Florida, as he seems to be interested in those machines.

At least, on this particular model, the sound heads seem to be at the proper place.
Some older versions had the sound-heads and the amplifier base sold as separate attachements, meaning that the sound was always late, since the heads were so far away. A customer with an earlier machine had to send his films (home movies or studio editions) to the Heurtier lab to have the soundtrack resynched. Problem: if you decided to switch to another brand of projector, your resynched-for-Heutrier-films were *again* out-of-sync... [Roll Eyes]
Hope this is clear...
If the price doesn't skyrocket, this could be a good deal for a collector.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 26, 2004 03:35 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bonjour Jean-Marc,
What a gorgeous looking machine. This Heurtier Stereo must surely be the most impressive looking super 8 projector made by anyone. So here is my personal list of the most beautiful looking S8 machines ever put into production:

1) Heurtier Stereo 42

2) Elmo GS1200

3) Eumig 938 or 940

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 27, 2004 05:28 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
Yep, they are gorgeous.

Despite its flaws, I still like the look of the Beaulieu 708.

There was also a fine looking machine from Revue (or was it "RevueLux"?) - "Phox" in France - that borrowed a lot from the Bauer Royal. It featured something that I had never seen on a S8 projector before: a knob allowing you to correct vertically the trapeze of the projected image (hope this is the proper word).

I also like the odd "tape player" Kodak thing that you could install on a bookshelf.

Still, one of my favorite is a 16mm projector, the Debrie MB15.

For those who didn't quite understand what I tried to explain in my first message on this thread, I found a schematic of the odd Heurtier "silent-to-sound" installation here

Paul, I have two 9.5 mm silent shorts (I guess these are the equivalent of the 8mm 50 footers, I don't know very much about this format) that I'm willing to sell. One is a Chaplin (rough translation: "Charlot is serving soup") and the other one is called "Negritina is hungry". Heck if I know what it is... [Eek!]

You may contact me via this address, if interested: jmtoussaint@claranet.fr since we are, once again, suffering from severe "Offtopikitis"

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC