8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Question About Shipping

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question About Shipping
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 26, 2004 04:06 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know how much it costs to ship 6x400' Super 8 feature from the UK to the US via Airmail? The cost calculated in pounds is fine. Thanks in advance. [Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2004 04:09 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan,

Weigh the parcel and then refer to www.royalmail.com and follow the instructions for sending mail overseas.

Hope this helps.

Tony

p.s. Though not guaranteed I have seen parcels sent by surface arrive in 10 days

--------------------
Tony

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 26, 2004 04:18 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If under 2KG they should be able to go small packet which is about the cheapest and its airmail and fairly quick to, you don`t put a letter in for that for some reason they don`t like them in on that service.
Best Mark.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 26, 2004 04:25 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a ballpark figure is okay. 6x400' full plastic reels. Would it cost 22 pounds or less? [Smile]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 26, 2004 04:27 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don`t think it would be any more than that small packet, less likely and surface less still though not sure about ins, you are covered for £28 as standard now I think if you ask its free.
best Mark.

Just had a quick look and if they can bring it in under 2000grammes or 2 kilogrammes, its about £18 or just over air small packet, they have to write that on in the left corner, also not put a letter in.
If surface its about half that and usually takes around 2 weeks or longer, can be much longer, with the US election I`d say it was a fair bet things may be a bit longer now with more being opened and checked etc.
Make sure you ask the seller to put cine film on the customs slip clearly as in the US you do not pay duty on cine films coming in( thanks Steve)
It all depends on the packaging really, if bohnams or plastic cases it will be well over 2KG, or if card and not too full reels it may come in oK under that which would be good.
Anyway hope it goes well. If over 2KGs you need to go to parcel force and I think its a bit dearer, I`d guess £25-£30, but only a guess, but from the Uk once you go up a bit its not cheap.
On that note though splitting into 2 may be a good option surface wise and the best to do, if under 2kg though anyway you should be fine.
best Mark.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 26, 2004 04:47 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tony & Mark, I'm just getting a little education. Thanks for website of the Royal Mail. [Cool]

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2004 02:36 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan,

If you feel the seller is about to "rip you off" just let me know what it is they are sending and I will double check for you

Tony

--------------------
Tony

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2004 06:08 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice tag line Tony. But whatever happened to your lovely bunch of coconuts?

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2004 08:04 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

--------------------
Tony

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2004 08:04 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John

They dropped off.....

On a serious note, how is Keith's Elmo?

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC