8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Odd LongPlay Unit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Odd LongPlay Unit
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 27, 2004 10:46 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I found this on a French collector's website. Of course, it's nothing compared to Chip's incredible piece of engineering but I thought you would be interested.
A motor taken from another S8 projector is connected to the take-up, in the back of the installation. The feeder spins freely. And, yes, the large spools are made of 16 mm parts pasted to a S8 core.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2004 11:25 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So simple and yet [probably] so effective. It certainly looks relatively fool proof and provided there's a good clutching device on the take up spool no reason why it shouldn't work.

Right I think I've got an odd bit of 4' x 2' in the shed ... [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 27, 2004 12:05 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Right I think I've got an odd bit of 4' x 2' in the shed ...
My thoughts exactly... I have loads of bits and pieces in my garage... [Razz]

--------------------

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2004 03:24 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The MDF gang from Changing Rooms gets every where.

Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2004 11:24 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That French version would certainly qualify as a replacement to the leaning tower of pissa..............

Thank you for your comments on my nice engineering!!

cg

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 29, 2004 03:50 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip, compared to what you've done on the Tower, this is child's play. But, as long as it doesn't "pissa" you off... [Big Grin]

This thing could easily topple, though...

--------------------

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2004 07:27 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not too keen on the angle that the film is entering projector. Will do some emulsion damage if ran through a front loading machine. I note that this one appears to be a top loader.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC