8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Thanks Brad Miller

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thanks Brad Miller
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 27, 2004 04:06 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say thanks to Brad Miller for a great forum!! [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2004 04:42 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I'll second that! It was Derek Symmonds who put me on to Brads forum in its previous life, Derek was a regular contributor, sadly missed now of course ...

There's a really friendly bunch on here and it does seem to carry less baggage than some of the other forums I have dipped my toes into.

And of course, it weren't for the forum I wouldn't have become one of the Lightwater Six, I probably wouldn't have felt comfortable about declaring my obsession for boxes and nor would I have made the aquaintance of a delightfull Rexette stripper [thanks Tom [Wink] ].

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 27, 2004 05:02 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
And of course hes not so sinister in real life. Quite a nice chap really [Wink]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 30, 2004 07:29 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And me on that one, also thanks to kevin for directing me to this forum. [Wink]

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2004 12:40 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, too, woul dlike to extend my appreciation to Mr. Miller for this wonderful forum. My wife is still convinced that 8mm is dead. We searched in several book-stores, so far, for the "Castle Films - A Hobbyist's Overview" book and nobody (including B&N) has it on their shelves. She ribbed me all the way home exclaiming "...Sweetheart, if film collecting is still so big then why on earth can't you seem to find this book? Furthermore, why aren't film still regularly available in stores like they were 25 years ago? Doesn't this clue you into the future of your hobby?" Mr. Miller's forum is testament that film collecting is still alive and well (for now, at least) and Brad always has good sage advice to give to fellow cinemaphiles like ourselves. Thank you, Brad!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 30, 2004 02:52 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, ask your Mrs if film is dead how come every time i try to get something off the lists its 9 times out of 10 sold [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC