8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Can any one report on Godfather 1 Feature?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can any one report on Godfather 1 Feature?
Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2004 09:23 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anyone that own or owned The Godfather features (parts one or two) that were distributed by Marketing Films? I have always been curious about the color, sharpness and sound of the these prints.
Were any of them printed on low fade stock?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 02, 2004 09:41 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had one odd reel of the feature Godfather 1. The reel where Michael (Al Pacino) has to go into the cafe and kill the dirty Cop and the other guy. The reel was a tad bit on the warm side however the print seemed pretty sharp. The sound was nice and full if I recall correctly. If the price was right I would buy it. Its pretty rare and a great film. Nice to see on the Big Screen!

Lance Alspaugh
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2004 11:43 PM      Profile for Lance Alspaugh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I own a full length print of each title. "The Godfather" complete feature from MFI comes with warm colors even when it was released in the late 70's in S8 and has soft focus. The original Mono sound was adequate but greatly improved when I re-recorded from the DVD. I agree with Alan that it is a nice collectors item. Also briefly held the 3 Reel Condensed version and quickly sold it as it did not offer sufficient highlights.

"The Godfather Part Two" also from MFI has slightly better focus, but similar warm reddish color. Mono Sound track was okay but warranted a remix off the DVD as well. These films have exceptional footage to contend with and require multiple 1600 ft reels to show the entire feature. Also owned the 3-Reel condensation and sold off quickly for similar reasons as the first one.

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2004 03:37 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marketing Films trailers for these films are stunning-sharp and enduring colour.Wonder why the features(and digests)didn't get the same care and attention?

--------------------
Trevor

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 04, 2004 04:28 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone now what the one reel version is like???
Possibly a bit soft by the sound of it, thanks,
Best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC