8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 2005 - 40th Anniversary of Super8!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2005 - 40th Anniversary of Super8!!!
Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2004 11:00 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasnīt there two systems called Beta and Video2000? [Big Grin]

Super8: 40 years and still alive!
[Eek!] How can we celebrate? [Roll Eyes]

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 06, 2004 04:49 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
And the 50th BFCC in the UK. Long live super8.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2004 04:51 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this would be a perfect opportunity for the BFCC to do a joint celebration and get some added publicity.

What say you John? [Smile]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2004 04:56 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 50th BFCC is already planned to include a celebration of Super 8. Keith and I have been discussing this for years already. But always tempered with the knowledge we may not have made it this far. Well, you've always got to be cautious.

Expect to see clips and reels from significant Super 8 package movie releases at the BFCC's next year.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2004 05:20 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good John.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 07, 2004 03:58 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
When can we pop round and give you some help [Wink]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2004 01:51 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sooner the better Kev... the sooner the better!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 08, 2004 03:48 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any date already set for the next BFCC? I'd love to come.
Andreas, your opening statement would make a great caption for a tshirt... [Wink]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2004 04:50 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started the topic, because the 40th anniversary would give the opportunity to make big marketing for Super8, when a logo used worldwide by every 8mm-collector, 8mm filmmakers and company who deal with 8mm products (also Kodak?, Fuji? [Big Grin] ), on all their webpages, e-Bay Gallery, brochures, catalogues ..............and perhaps on t-shirts, to show that.
is still alive and NOT dead.

Jean-Marc, I didnīt have experience in making t-shirts. [Cool] ). You are a talented designer (W&G). [Big Grin]

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2004 06:23 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
14th May 2005 = 49th BFCC. The fiftieth is in October 2005 assuming we last that long!

--------------------

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2004 10:52 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!
I've always wondered why is it these conventions are never held during summer. It would be easier to reach Great Britain for foreign collectors, and maybe for some British ones as well. I for one would be really happy to see one of these events, but unfortunately the dates never fit my schedule. And I'm pretty much sure there would be other Italian and foreign collectors wwho wouldn't miss this happening.

Perhaps an exception might be done for the 50th anniversary of S/8?

Just a humble suggestion anyway.

Cheers

--------------------
Maurizio

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2004 10:53 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!
I've always wondered why is it these conventions are never held during summer. It would be easier to reach Great Britain for foreign collectors, and maybe for some British ones as well. I for one would be really happy to see one of these events, but unfortunately the dates never fit my schedule. And I'm pretty much sure there would be other Italian and foreign collectors wwho wouldn't miss this happening.

Perhaps an exception might be done for the 40th anniversary of S/8?

Just a humble suggestion anyway.

Cheers

--------------------
Maurizio

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 08, 2004 03:21 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Maurizio I have to say that I think May and October are in fact the best times for the BFCC, particularly for visitors coming from outside the UK. Transatlantic air fares are MUCH lower than in the summer months, and accomodation is more plentiful and cheaper, and everywhere is much less crowded.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2004 04:10 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

We don't like to run films in the summer due to the high temperatures snd humidity caused by Global Warming in the UK. Also visitors do complain the beer is warmer than is normal [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 08, 2004 09:38 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another Jedi Master! Congratulations on reaching #500, Newbie-Wan.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2004 02:25 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see, but I was thinking about how to get a few days off from work: being a teacher it's almost impossible for me during times other than official holiday times. I perfectly agree on the other considerations...

But I'll do my best to come.

Thanks.

Cheers

--------------------
Maurizio

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 09, 2004 02:35 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mh... May 14th? I might be able to attend this one...
(Could probably combine this with a field trip to Thorpe Park and Chessington)

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2004 04:44 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well if any of you overseas visitors do make it we'll do our best to make you most welcome and put on an enjoyable event.

Summer wouldn't be a great time for a BFCC - it's difficult enough blacking out the halls used as cinemas as it is and then there'll be temperature problems on top of it.

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 09, 2004 07:48 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started around 1962 - Well do I remember 1965's intro to SUPER 8MM and the subsequent releases of titles at TWO GUYS, and such stores - If we all had a bi-annual convention, we could celebrate such events - Shorty

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 09, 2004 05:46 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Tony you made it to 500 [Big Grin] Congrats are in order.

Yes I think the extremely hot British summers would take it's toll on any audience sitting in a darkened room. [Big Grin]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC