8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » BFCC birthday/ new look forum home

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BFCC birthday/ new look forum home
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 07, 2004 03:13 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first topic for a little while, this pay as you go dial up is crap, i must get broadband and soon! [Frown]
I do like the Xtra bits on the home screen, and some of the debate is ace, so much to learn from each other and so much to take in, on the BFCC anniversary i did mention a while back that although some dealers dont attend anymore maybe as a one off for the big one some may be persauded just to celebrate. I do understand that its a lot to lay out etc etc and that maybe some dont need to do these to sell films etc but i think its an important time for super 8mm and cine in general. A full support could bring a few Xtra people who maybe wouldnt normally attend.
On the new name for the forum, i'm not too good at these but reading the comments from many i do agree it should at least be kept 100% cine as the didital formats do have many forums of there own.
If someone comes on with comments/questions regarding dvd etc the best way to tackle this would be not to respond. That way it wouldnt become a mixed forum whick as many have said would steer this excellent forum the wrong way. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 07, 2004 04:07 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I aggree with that. Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted November 07, 2004 04:21 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree, no DVD forum here, just film. DVD is fun, but it is not film.
As for the BFCC, I have discussed with my wife taking a trip to to the BFCC and spending a week there to meet all the friendly British collectors on this forum and others. It'still in the discussion stage, but I'm seriously thinking about it. [Wink]

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2004 01:04 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no wish to interefere with the BFCC and certainly have no right to make any suggestions and it may be that the organisers are all well ahead of us in their thinking. It did occur to me that if there was ever an opportunity to "preach" the gospel of super 8 then this might be it! Some media interest (Press/TV) might be possible?
Naturally I will be pleased to help with this special event as indeed a number of other forum member would as well should our help be required.

[ November 08, 2004, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: Tony Milman ]

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC