8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ELMO 50 / 60 Hz motor speed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO 50 / 60 Hz motor speed?
David Stiby
Junior

- posted November 09, 2004 02:32 PM      Profile for David Stiby   Email David Stiby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!
Does anybody know if the motorspeed of the Elmo ST1200HD is set from the 50 or 60 Hz in the electricity?

David

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 09, 2004 03:46 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,
It will run acording to the frequency in your country. You have to open the rear of the machine and change the position of the rubber belts to match either the 50 or 60 of the country the machine is being used in.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

David Stiby
Junior

- posted November 11, 2004 12:07 PM      Profile for David Stiby   Email David Stiby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just like you said. Thanks a lot Kevin!

David

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2006 08:49 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

searching through the forum I found this post and instead of opening a new one I simply ask if it is possible to see the correct position fo the belts. Infact, while it seems that for everyone the speed is faster in my ELMO ST 1200D it seems that it is slower than 24fps ...
I even hear a not costant speed while projecting a film, but I'm not completely sure.

Could someone help me to understand where the problem is?

Thanks
Flavio

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 24, 2006 09:04 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like loss of friction between the rubber wheels and shutter. Does the shutter have a belt around it or just a blank metal surface?

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2006 09:40 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan,

yes, there is a black belt around the shutter!
Can you tell me the right position of the two belts for 50 Hz?
Furthermore I noticed that when I select the 18 fps, there is bad sounds coming from the belts like if there is too friction with the shutter.

Flavio

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 24, 2006 10:48 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whew, this could be pretty much anything. I don't know the 50Hz position off-hand, but whichever of the two motor pulleys is the larger-diameter one is the 50Hz one, so that's where one of the two belts should go around (in line with the corresponding pulleys that drive the rubber wheels).
I wonder if the rubber wheels have sufficient pressure when they come down on the shutter rim. Might be worth looking at the spring, or pushing on the mechanism with your finger while it's running to see if this improves speed/stability of the shutter. Hard to describe but you'll see what I mean when you look at everything. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2006 11:18 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I told you perhaps the variable speed is only an impression...
My doubt is that the projector doesn't go at 24fps but perhaps 23 or 22...
Which is the simplest way to measure the real speed of the film?

Flavio

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC