8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ELMO ST1200D -PROBLEM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO ST1200D -PROBLEM
Colin Auty
Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2004 11:20 AM      Profile for Colin Auty   Email Colin Auty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
just acquired the above projector (my first Elmo)it appears to be running slow (lamp not working)going off the sound.
Tried the switch to change speed 18 or 24 no better.
Could it be worn belts that is causing this?

Any advice would be gratfully received.

Thanks Colin

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 10, 2004 02:23 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First stop with these machines is new belts and clean up the pulleys V's before the new ones go on. If you subscribe to film for the collector mag i have covered this quite well in the next edition. If i can help with lube illustration from the workshop manuel do let me know.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 13, 2004 05:49 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Check that its belts are set to the 50 Hz setting. And then as Tom said check the condition of the belts and running surfaces. It extremely rare for the motors in these machines to run slow etc so its really down to some internal problem such as above.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC