8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » An Evening with Jean-Marc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An Evening with Jean-Marc
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 16, 2004 07:44 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I spent an enjoyable evening last night with Jean-Marc Tussaint, who is on a buisness visit to Orlando. We went out to a restaurant for dinner and ,of course, spent most of the time talking about super 8 film collecting. I showed him pictures I had taken at last May's BFCC, and he was most interested to see a photo of Gary from Derann, who he apparantly talks to quite often, but has never met. We alsoo got a laugh out of my picture of the sinister looking Mike Peckam.I assured him that Mike is really a super nice guy. I described to him John and Keith's pulse-sync to DVD presentation and he said he would like to know a lot more about it, and get to see the Ealing Sprocket Hole. I urged Jean-Marc to go to the next BFCC, and he said he is definately going to try and make it. Jean-Marc told me that he runs a Beaulieu sound projector (very nice!)and is looking forward to getting his first GS1200 from Ugo, who is in the process of refurbing one for him, so it will probably be like a brand new machine. Knowing of my interest in 9.5mm from this forum, he kindly brought me over a couple of short Pathe 9.5mm films, and I gave him a copy of the new "Castle Films" book, and a can of ArmorAll wipes!.
Jean-Marc sound just like Maurice Chevalier, but he does'nt sing, and does not look much like Louis Jourdan either!!
A very enjoyable evening. Is'nt it amazing how this forum brings complete strangers together, even on different continents.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2004 11:29 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
his first GS1200 from Ugo...
Oh yes! Tomorrow, in the evening I'll go to the postal office!
Anyway, my dear friends, I think it's time I meet you to the next BFCC. For example: I know that Kevin met Alberto Vangelisti (one of my friends) during the BFCC and he asked to him if he knew me...
I'm so angry that Alberto know Kevin and I don't do the same!
I want to know Kevin and Mike and Tom and Tim and Jean and...and... and...

quote:
Is'nt it amazing how this forum brings complete strangers together, even on different continents.

all togheter like old friends...

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2004 02:05 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like we shall be having a truely 'international' event at the BFCC in 2005. With representatives from The US, France and Italy, that is of course in addition to the regular attendees from Germany and Belgium [and the UK [Big Grin] ].

We should also be thinking about going along to Blackpool and Tadley, they both sound like events that are well worth adding to the calender and of course should be supported.

Definately worth starting to think about having a meet up just prior to the BFCC, maybe having a meal in London?

The forum certainly has been a great place for meeting up with people. It has made the hobby so much more interesting for me to have regular chat with like minded people and actually arrange to get-together with others for trips to Uncle Ians shed and Derann etc.

Marvelous [Smile]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2004 02:01 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely story Paul.

There's something different about this forum to every other film collecting forum to which I've registered. It's amazing how so many of us from all over the world have actually got together.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 22, 2004 10:59 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
I'm back from sunny Florida.
Paul, thanks again for the great evening.
Ugo, the GS is here (it was delivered this morning as I was getting off the taxi from the airport - perfect timing).
I'm trying to get my bearings back... Will post again later...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 22, 2004 10:06 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jean-Marc,
Glad to hear you got back to "the City of Lights" safely. Since we saw you, our house has been a hive of activity, with workmen everywhere drywalling and painting the front rooms. With a bit of luck we should have our living room finished by Christmas, at which time I will be firing up the GS1200 and the Panny AE700U with the newly installed surround sound system. Hope you like your new GS1200 from Ugo, and I know you will love the AE700U- don't waste your time looking for anything better-there is'nt anything close in that price range. Please be sure to contact me on your next visit to Orlando so we can have you, and hopefully your wife, over for dinner and a super 8 movie.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 23, 2004 03:42 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Paul,
Glad to read that your house will be fix soon.
Our convention is moving to Atlanta, GA, for 2005 and 2006 but I might extend my stay and drive down to Orlando then (new ride at Busch Gardens Tampa in '05, new ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom in '06). Next up for me is S.F., L.A. and Vegas in January and (maybe) Charlotte, NC, in March '05.
I've fired up the GS (more on that soon... [Wink] ) and the Panny is expected later this week or next.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC