8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST 600D Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST 600D Question
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2004 02:26 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just bought an Elmo ST 600D at a very reasonable price. My question is; why does some film give extra clatter/chattering, as it goes over the top plastic assembly...the one pressed for auto-thread. Some film goes through very quietly, others give this noise. Picture is rock steady, so isn't a problem, just wondered why. By lifting the green plastic auththread bit up slightly, the chattering stops. Any ideas? Had the same on another ST180 a while ago.

Any comments or views on this machine? Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2004 02:38 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Simon

I had this problem with the GS 1200 and it turned out to be a simple adjustment;

you'll notice that the top sprocket has a phillips screw on it, if you loosen this the toothed part will rotate on the spindle. Kev' advised me to thread a film, loosen the screw and then rotate the sprocket slightly until the film is about 5mm clear of the green threading lever.

Then simply tighten the screw up again. I imagine the process is the same for the ST600?

Hope that's helpful but I imagine Kev' or Ugo will be able to give you more details.

Mike [Smile]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2004 03:51 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys
I found this to be very interesting. Maybe that's why the Neumade Fiesta leader has given me so much trouble. If the teeth on the sprocket aren't set correctly for distance in regards to the threading assembly mode, well there you go. And I use ST1200HD's!

Chip

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 18, 2004 06:35 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Very common problem. The distance between the upper sprocket wheel and the claw has to be just right tom stop this sort of clatter. With the machine in the autothread mode just undo the screw which is in the centre of the 1st sprocket wheel and turn the teeth in a clockwise direction until there is a slight gap between the film and the autothread guide. No more that half a frames movement should be required.
Once this is correct you will also see that the film will be clear of the autothread guide when in the normal projection mode.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC