8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The grudge. A Must see it.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The grudge. A Must see it.
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 17, 2004 04:22 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Havnt seen a good scary ghosty flick for a long time. This is a fine work, not the usual modern over the top gore and it doess have many genuine scary moments. There isnt many good scary films on 8mm,if any good lengthy extracts became availible on 8 this would be a must buy. Highly recommended to horror buffs. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Tim Drage
Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2004 10:18 AM      Profile for Tim Drage   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Drage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently saw the original version, Ju-on, by the same director. Pretty good, I like the way it's pretty much just non-stop random unrelentless creepiness! I've read some pretty poor reviews of the remake so probably won't bother with that tho.

Here's an idea for a Super-8 extract: the evil video from the original Ring! [Big Grin]

What really would be cool in the world of Japanese horror is prints of Shinya Tsukamoto's (director of 'Tetsuo: the Iron Man') early short films, which were shot on super-8. But they're probably too obscure and crazy to sell enough copies to be worthwhile! [Smile]

--------------------
Tim Drage
Animator & Director
Spite Your Face Productions
http://www.spiteyourface.com

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 18, 2004 12:06 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mate in work has the original and is going to lend it to me so i'll compare the two. [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC