8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo GS1200 converted HTi (with some wrong jobs!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo GS1200 converted HTi (with some wrong jobs!)
Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2004 06:14 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=8271&item=5733070233&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The technician which made the conversion constructed a "cage shield" for the coils against the noise. This is an error!
The right way is to orient that coils until you find the right position to stop the noise from the HTI supply.

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

|  IP: Logged

Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2004 11:59 AM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ugo,
Besides that, the starting price is yak [Eek!] beyond my understanding...
How much does Wittner charge only for the conversion?

Arivederici [Wink]

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2004 01:33 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow thats a lot of money.
I still have my HTI bulb and power supply in kit form.
I plan on installing it in my Fumeo but I am concerned with the exposed belt that would be very close to the heat of the bulb. I will need to install and extra fan or two. This bulb runs very very hot.
Ive already done a test run with a tempoary install to the projector and this thing is beyond bright. It puts the Xenon Elmos to shame and makes your projector truly ready for a large screen.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 19, 2004 02:07 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back to the Forum Alan! You have not posted in quite a while, I was wondering if you had given up Super 8 for Video projection.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2004 02:43 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How much does Wittner charge only for the conversion?
I don't know if wittner does this conversion.
The author of the conversion is Drancan Jovanovic (the seller), the owner of a very very VERY expensive store in Germany...

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 19, 2004 04:08 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I contacted Wittner about 6 months ago and they told me that they do not do the conversion for the Elmo any longer due to safety reasons. Something about them having to make certain changes to the conversion process which would have cost more to retool and implement.
And they also do not do the HTI conversion for the Beaulieu any longer as well as they said the main person who used to do the machines is gone.

Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2004 06:00 AM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, neither Bavaria does the HTI conversion for the Beaulieu anymore... Sources are geting pretty limited for these conversions [Frown]

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2004 01:41 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome back to the Forum Alan! You have not posted in quite a while, I was wondering if you had given up Super 8 for Video projection.

Hi Paul

Ive been very busy and not much time for the hobbies. I dont think I could ever give up film, to much fun:)

I hope you made it through the hurricane season ok. You guys really got pounded this year.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC