8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My Amazing Theatre Seat Adventure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Amazing Theatre Seat Adventure
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 02, 2004 07:28 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Just wanted to share with you this little adventure that happened to me a few days ago.
For several weeks, I have been remodelling my basement, which is also my office, in order to provide a more pleasing work environement and allow more space for my hobbies.
Running now alongside with my S8 and 16 projectors is an amazing Panasonic vid-projector. All share a 10ft wide ceiling-mounted screen.
Last weekend, I went shopping with the lady and, 2 blocks from where I live, I stopped to look at a house being reconstructed. The owner was on his porch, sorting some pieces of furniture. And... Among them, there was a dozen of actual movie-theatre seats (folding, burgundy red). I asked him what he intended to do with them and he answered that he was willing to keep half of the lot, and that he was about to sell the rest. I purchased the 6 seats for 90 euros (that's about 60 GBP) and the gentleman even offered to deliver them with his van.
There's still work to do in my "basement theatre" but the seats, which just require some cleaning and a few stitches, will be a perfect addition...
Still can't believe I found them just a few minutes away from my house!
Well, this isn't the most exciting adventure ever, but one of these little "feel-good" coincidences in life that one needs from time to time. [Wink]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2004 09:10 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful stuff. Make sure when you've finished you put a piece together for Film For The Collector along with a couple of piccies.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 02, 2004 10:58 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Jean-Marc, what is your opinion of the new Panny?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 02, 2004 11:28 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul: Well, I guess I could probably rave about it for hours. Let's put it simply: it's spectacular. So far, I really like the "cinema 1" setting, as I feel the texture is closer to "the real thing".
(And I also find ArmorAll quite handy when cleaning the channel plastic parts on my film projectors [Wink] )
John: As I said, there's still work, so it might take another few months before everything is finished. But I'll keep your FFTC article idea in mind...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC