8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Film shop in Hackney

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Film shop in Hackney
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 07, 2004 03:13 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People who attend the BFCC may have noticed that there is now a stall - situated underneath the balcony area where Derann are - connected to a large film shop in Hackney. As it must be the only shop in London with substantial quantities of 8 and 16mm film, I keep thinking that I must go sometime and take a look. I've spoken to the people on the stall and the amount of film and equipment they have in the shop sounds enormous. I wondered if any UK collectors have been there, and if so, can you recommend going? Can you please also remind me what the address is!

Adrian

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2004 04:49 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian

I never knew that! Yes the address would be handy!

--------------------
Tony

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2004 05:05 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to know the address as well, funny thing is; they had the stall next to ours but I didn't realise they were based in a shop. Might be worth checking out Blu Audio Visual in Islington Adrian at the same time, I haven't been there for several years but understand they still carry quite a good stock of 8mm films and equipment.

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 07, 2004 06:09 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,
That reminds me that on the day, I saw you standing in the vicinity, and - believe it or not - I just could not remember why you looked familiar! Otherwise, I would have said hello.
My brain was not functiong properly as I'd been up most of the night, sorting out a bag full of films to put on the bring and buy.
I'll see if I can get to the shop in Islington sometime. I've seen one in Notting Hill that has a bit of 8mm as well as film posters, soundtracks, etc, but not really enough to justify recommending it to collectors.
Adrian

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2004 02:05 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Next time Adrian, be it the BFCC or Blackpool, you're just going to have to make your self known to me. It's always good to put faces to names. [Smile]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 08, 2004 04:43 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if JC or KW know the Hackney connection. Trouble is I would be stopping off there on the way home each night!!! [Wink]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2004 03:26 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umit Films, 35, Lower Clapton Road, London E5 0LN
Tel: 44 (0)20 8985 1766 Mob: 077 808 71142 or 077 597 72801

Don't you monkeys ever look at www.bfcc.biz. They're listed on the super 8 links page. Interesting shop. They sell sweets too!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC