8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Single reels from Derann

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Single reels from Derann
James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2005 03:22 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys-

Does anyone know if Derann sells any of thier features by single reel. I know of at least one feature ("Thats Dancing") that Derann advertises as selling in whole or by single part. It would be great to get a reel containing your favorite scene from a feature, if your not interested in buying the whole movie or just can't afford to.

Example- I have the full length feature of "Poltergiest". It's an old Red Fox print, and its not in scope (flat). I'd love to have a nice new scope scene from this movie, to show as a "short", or extract, but its not practical for me to buy the whole feature again.

If anyone knows of this service, please let me know [Smile] .

Nick.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 14, 2005 03:42 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I can tell, the only one other than "That's Dancing" they are willing to sell in separate sections is "Fantasia 2000".

However, they can probably best answer for themselves.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2005 02:35 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear James,

One reason why Derann stopped selling features part by part was the fact that they have to order two copies of each reel (they are printed side by side), and this left them with many odd reels to features, which was fine in the late 80's or early 90's when 8mm was booming, these reels were not hard to shift, but I'm afraid the 8mm collecting scene has changed dramatically now, and this is why in many cases they will turn you down for a single reel, although if you stumped up for both copies, that may be a different matter, but do you really want 2 copies of the same reel, unless you know of some kind collector who you could sell it too, that is!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC