8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST-600 super 8mm projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST-600 super 8mm projector
Chris Drumma
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2005 11:11 AM      Profile for Chris Drumma   Email Chris Drumma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one of these and was wondering how big of a reel in ft can it take? I have seen some features on 1600ft reels but want to make sure my projector can accept them.
thanks
chris

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 02, 2005 11:35 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, as its "name" states, your trusty Elmo will accomodate 600ft reels (180 meters).
The 1600ft reels, because of their smaller core, can be projected with 1200ft capacity machines, such as the Elmo ST 1200 and GS 1200 series, Yelco 3600 and Chinon SS1200.
(And of course they will fit the bigger - ie. 2200ft capacity - machines such as The Beaulieu 708 and Fumeo 91XX series).

JM

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Chris Drumma
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2005 04:08 AM      Profile for Chris Drumma   Email Chris Drumma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JM,
That makes sense. Thanks for the info.
Chris

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC