8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Hello from a new-ish member!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello from a new-ish member!
Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2005 03:11 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone. At last I've decided to 'take the plunge' and start to post here instead of only 'lurking' in the background.I registered for the 8mm forums last year but our house move and work commitments took over my free time - the DIY is up to date now so here I am! Some of you will know me from my Ebay trades and E-chats, I have collected cine films and equipment for 30 years now, about a 80/20% split between Super 8 & 16mm, and have always had a love of the hands-on side of cine in addition to enjoying the movies themselves. I use Elmo ST1200HD and Beaulieu 708EL projectors for my shows, but have other Elmo, Yelco & Eumig models also, plus two Elmo 16CL 16mm machines which are a joy to use, and a VP system I won't be discussing in depth here! Hopefully some of my experiences will be useful to you all in future.
PS: Brad / Kev / Doug - I'd like to hang on to the Junior tag as long as possible please, it has made me feel younger already!

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2005 03:26 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh... [he says with a sound of realisation], good to make your aquaintance [Smile] . We have bid against each other occassionally on Ebay [Wink] .

Welcome!

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2005 04:58 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your welcome Mike - yes we have 'crossed swords' on Ebay from time to time [Big Grin] our tastes in movies and cine equipment being quite similar - my favourites being films from the silents to the early 60's, comedy shorts, musicals and classic to vintage animation, MGM, Disney etc (plus a drop of CGI animation for good measure!) In fact just about every genre looking at my list.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2005 05:25 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Kevin, a bit of a bandit on the ebay front [Big Grin]

Would really like to meet up with you sometime.

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2005 05:46 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, if you think I'm a bit of a Rotweiler on Ebay you should see me playing Poker! I don't use sniping software, just a stopwatch, quick typing speed and a 2GB Broadband connection is all that's needed [Wink] Yes, a meet up in future would be great, I'm planning to go to the October BFCC, the May one is out as we are currently financing our loft conversion - nothing would be worse than to be surrounded by irresistable film and equipment bargains with only a tenner to spend!

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 06, 2005 03:27 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Kev. Its good to see you on here at last. Yes I too have lost many an item on ebay to you and your stop watch. You have even managed to snipe Bidnapper [Mad]
I know form previous conversations with you that you will have plenty to offer the Forum! [Wink]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Michael Clark
Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2005 06:12 AM      Profile for Michael Clark   Email Michael Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Kevin! Good to have you aboard! [Smile]

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2005 08:55 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] A stopwatch Vs Biddnapper! Respect Kevin, now I know why I didn’t win Nosferatu [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] hope you enjoyed the film though. Welcome to the forum.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2005 10:14 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must admit that on a few occasions I did a search on the items you were bidding for.... There is always something interesting among them. (but it's not very nice....)

Good to have ou on the forum, Kevin!

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2005 01:19 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob, Kevin, Michael, Craig & all.
Thank you again for your warm welcomes - very friendly indeed especially regarding my past Ebay activity you have reminded me of - I can assure you I treasure every film I win and don't just stock up for the sake of it. Our loft conversion will likely curtail my spending power for a while so you should be more fortunate with cine auctions in the meantime (unless I request the assistance of Mr. Visa of course, I'm sure my wife will give me my card back if I ask her very nicely [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC