8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Classic Home Cinema

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Classic Home Cinema
Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2005 01:43 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got their latest newsletter and film list. If there is anyone out there who doesn't subscribe then you really should. Phil puts a lot of passion into the cine world, his list is full of great titles and the news letter anounces some new releases.

There is even the possibility of a feature release of "The Island Earth" on offer if there is enough interest.

CHCs' recent 400fters of the pre-title sequences from "Living Daylights" and "Goldeneye" are must haves for any Bond fan and the full feature version of "You Only Live Twice" is due to be available this month.

I'm still tempted by "Ice Age" but before shelling out would like to see a reel from it or hear a report of it in terms of print and sound quality from a forum member. Anyone [Smile] ?

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 16, 2005 05:05 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad Mike that Phil does not update his web site very frequently. The current newsletter on his site goes all the way back to January, and there is no mention at all of the pre-title sequence Bond film. Contrast this with Deranns site, which is always updated on a monthly basis.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2005 10:11 AM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in agreement with Paul here. I have been checking Classic's site 2-3 times a week since Christmas. You get to a point where you start to get fed up of checking, then stop looking. [Embarrassed]
I am a great Bond fan and this is the first I know of these great releases, (thanks Mike)
Just been to Classic's site again and still no change [Roll Eyes]

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2005 12:02 PM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've attempted to do business with them several times via email, they always respond claiming to have what I'm looking for but will never follow thru and send me a landed (to my door) price quoute/estimate.

They do appear to carry a lot of great stuff.

John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2005 01:45 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I've found their web site, but my emails are not getting through to them. what is their e mail address? I'm excited to be able to buy the Goldeneye pre credit sequence..but there's nothing about it on there..and no prices . ONe of the most UN useful web sites I've encountered. I'd like to email them to ask about it.
thanks.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 17, 2005 04:28 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gary, Give the address below a go. You should get through on that.

Kev [Smile]

CHCINEMA@aol.com

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2005 05:28 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the US you can get Classic's releases from Steve Osborne at The Reel Image. For a few dollars he'll even send you a demo reel featuring clips from loads of the releases. I think it has to be back within a fortnight.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2005 05:27 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True Gary-

I get all of my CHC stuff from Steve "The Reel Image" Osborne in Ohio. He even carries some CHC titles in stock, but if he doesnt have it in stock, he will get it to you in two weeks or so. Good service.

Nick.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC