8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Coverting 8mm to mpg

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coverting 8mm to mpg
Tom Beauchamp
Junior

- posted July 04, 2005 05:25 PM      Profile for Tom Beauchamp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has been a while since any postings on converting 8mm to mpg files so I though I would check to see if there are any new suggestions. I quit trying to do my own. I have found some services available but none of them will convert the sound portion. If any of you have had recent experiences I would appreciate the advise or the location of a good source that can do it.

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 04, 2005 07:27 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Convert the sound portion?

I don't see why you can't do that part yourself (after whichever service you use has done the 8mm-to-MPEG conversion)? All you'd have to do is record the sound from your projector to the PC, then combine the audio and video streams into a single file, which is actually a very simple process (I even know freely downloadable software that can do this). OK, the hitch would be syncing up the two, of course, but that may not turn out to be that much of a problem. It would be worth a shot for sure.

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC