8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Film Stock Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Film Stock Question
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 12, 2005 07:46 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Films printed on 16mm after 1982 are low fade such as LPP and AGFA. I guess this doesn't hold true for super 8. I just received a print of Tarzan: The Legend Of Greystoke 1984 and it's on Eastman with only fair color. [Frown] I have the same feature on 16mm and it's on beautiful LPP. [Eek!]

Is this rarity or the norm? Didn't that Eastman lawsuit cover Super 8? [Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 12, 2005 07:55 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that one of those airline prints (w/ optical sound) you have there? I wonder if that could have something to do with it being Eastmancolor. Maybe they were just being cheap [Confused]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 12, 2005 08:22 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep! It's the same seller as your print Jan. I think airline prints are Viacoms. The focus is very sharp and the sound is very good too. I have a print of Maxie(good movie by the way) and it's has vey good color. I didn't check the stock on Maxie though.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 12, 2005 10:31 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that still leaves the question about Eastmancolor and super-8 open... I read a bit about that lawsuit you mentioned but not very much... I do think super-8 was covered, but in any case - even if the continued use for Eastmancolor on super-8 had been strongly discouraged, how could they have made sure no one was using it anymore... I'm just stumbling in the dark here, really... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC