8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super 8 film buffs’ meeting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 film buffs’ meeting
Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2005 08:28 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Italian Branch of the German Club “Beaulieu Cine-Filmclub” have organised their first meeting. It will take place in the wonderful setting of a small town called Petrella Salto, in the province of Rieti (centre-westish of Italy) on September 2nd and 3rd (Friday and Saturday). There will be screenings of members’ work and of whoever will attend. A delegation from Germany will also be present. It is an excellent occasion to promote the S/8 cause and acquaintances among International S/8 users, and to witness we are growing in number. Partakers can bring their works, even just a 50’ roll. In addition there will be a sell-buy-swap market on Saturday, to help you find that much sought after lens or accessory.

All films will be screened with an Elmo GS 1200 HTI and Elmo GS 1200 Xenon. Accepted sound tracks encompass mono, twin-track and stereo or with separate sync audio CD (Wittner System). Projection speeds of 18, 24 and 25 fps.

There is a limited possibility of full board accomodation at
€ 45 in the local nuns’ monastery. For this and further facilities watch out for soon to come notice.

To join in send an e-mail to: mauriziodicintio@hotmail.com

[ July 18, 2005, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Maurizio Di Cintio ]

--------------------
Maurizio

|  IP: Logged

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2005 08:52 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the organization!!! And the Elmo HTI we'll use at the meeting are converted by me.
We hope to have many guests. If we'll have success, we'll organize this meeting every year.
There will be a German delegation too!

That's the place of the meeting
http://www.comune.petrellasalto.ri.it/

For mails in english, please use:
mauriziodicintio(at)hotmail(dot)com

[ July 18, 2005, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Ugo Grassi ]

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2005 04:00 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As announced, here are some possibilities of accomodation for the S/8 meeting in Petrella Salto (RI), Sept. 2-3:

a) Monastery of the nuns of Santa Filippa Maneri, situated in Borgo San Pietro of P.Salto, on the banks of the lake Salto. The 250 seat screening room is located in a separate wing. There 15 double rooms with bath and 16 single rooms with bath. Price per person (full board) is € 45.00.
Please ask to speak to Suor Margherita Pascalizzi at +39 (0)746 558134. Website: www.suoresantafilippa.it

b) Hotel “La Duchessa”, in “Corvaro di Borgorose” locality, a few miles from the exit “Valle del Salto” of motorway A24 (Rome-L’Aquila). This hotel is about 16 Km from Borgo San Pietro, place of the meeting, but can be easily reached with a 10 minutes’ drive on the”Rieti-Torano” trunk-road (SS 578). It’s got 30 rooms (3 stars). Prices: € 50.00 each person in double room; € 55.00 for a single. Telephone: +39-(0)746-314633.

c) Restaurant-Hotel “La Rocca”, situated in “Corvaro di Borgorose”, approx. 14 Km from Borgo San Pietro. It is easily reached as described above. A small hotel with just four rooms, priced at € 55.00 per person. Telephone: +39 (0)746306048.

d) Restaurant-Hotel “PxA” (pronounce: peepehrah), situated in Pescorocchiano, 18 km from from Borgo San Pietro, to be reached with the same road quoted above as well. It’s got 7 two-star rooms, priced at € 55.00 per person. On request, possibility to have meals, but arrangements are necessary. Telephone: +39 (0)746 338380.

Useful links to have a general overview of the area:
www.comune.petrellasalto.ri.it
www.lagosalto.net
www.viamichelin.it

Of course I can assist you with bookings if you want, just let me know the info at mauriziodicintio at hotmail dot com.
So let’s meet there!

--------------------
Maurizio

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2005 09:20 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here there is the invitation for every forum member (click on it to enlarge)!
http://img.freeforumzone.it/allegati/10741_1807_11132_109358.jpg
http://img.freeforumzone.it/allegati/10741_1807_11133_109358.jpg
Print it and bring it with you (it means.. I hope you'll come!)

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 26, 2005 12:35 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ugo,
How I wish I could attend! What a beautiful setting for a convention, and your invitation looks great. I wish you every success!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2005 02:37 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Paul! We'd really like you and other members of this forum to come. Maybe someone in Europe...

--------------------
Maurizio

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2005 05:49 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stop print – Breaking News!!!!
I have just received from the Dutch lab which developed them, the three test rolls which Kodak Italy had sent to me days ago, for individual testing.
So this is to let everybody know they will be screened and commented live during the two days of the Petrella Film Buffs’ Meeting. One more reason to be there!

Cheers,

--------------------
Maurizio

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC