8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » EUMIG 824 SONOMATIC DUAL GAUGE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EUMIG 824 SONOMATIC DUAL GAUGE
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 30, 2005 06:36 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was interested to see a 'EUMIG 824 SONOMATIC DUAL GAUGE TWIN TRACK' on offer on UK eBay, described as the top of the range projector of its kind. I've never seen one of these, so I suspect there are less around than is the case with many other Eumigs. If anyone owns one, I'd be very interested to hear opinions on it. I wondered if it is significantly better than the Eumig Mark S 810D LUX? It clearly has some extra features, such as a tilt device, on/off switch and tone control. And is it a genuine twin track machine allowing recording and playback of both tracks when used for Super 8?
Thanks for any information.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 30, 2005 08:14 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is certainly AT LEAST as good as the S 810 D, and yes, it's a genuine twin-track machine. Go for it. [Smile] It's also been covered around here a few times, try a forum search...

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 31, 2005 02:04 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its better than the 810. The 822sonomatic and 824sonomatic Duel gauge (which is what they are)were the last in this type of machine before Eumig went onto the 838 and the 840Multiprocsessor.The 824 sonomatic is a lovely machine and if you can pick one up chep, go for it. [Wink]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 31, 2005 02:31 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you mean the 938 and 940, Tom [Wink]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 31, 2005 10:18 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did indeed, Just making sure someone out there is awake and paying attention. [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC