8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Reversed print

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reversed print
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 02, 2005 04:07 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found on Ebay that someone is selling 8mm on reversed prints. What was the purpose of Lab to make a kind of this reversed print?

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 02, 2005 04:09 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
They probably put the neg in the wrong way [Big Grin]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 02, 2005 04:20 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But any possibility at that time Airline Companies showed 8mm they placed projector behind the screen, so they need this kind of reversed print?

--------------------
Winbert

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 02, 2005 07:52 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt that... Seems somehow they always find a way to turn the upside-down super-8 image right-side up! (To be precise, the image isn't really upside-down, but rotated by 180 degrees.) No problem with a projection lens, but the way they do it with all these tiny mirrors inside film editors, or even the small daylight screen attachments for Eumig and Bauer projectors - it baffles me! [Confused] [Cool]

I'm with Kevin, in any case - probably a simple misprint [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC