8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Chinon dual 8 projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chinon dual 8 projector
Tom Beauchamp
Junior

- posted August 06, 2005 03:54 PM      Profile for Tom Beauchamp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just found a chinon dual 8 projector that I though I had lost. I runs very quite and stong. The only problem is I can not find the manual and I need to know how to work the film auto loader. There is a lever at the top of the film guide which doesn't appear to do anything. I am wonder if anyone is familar with this projector and can tell me if I need to depress and hold this lever until the film is threaded

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 06, 2005 09:41 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does this projector have the standard rotary switch to control all the functions? Does this switch have a "thread" setting? If you set the switch to "thread," does the lever go down by itself and stay there until you move the switch to projection with lamp on?
If the answer to all 3 questions is yes, then you won't have to do anything with the lever, just thread and go - but if the film loses its loop during projection, hitting the lever should restore the loops.
You could always just take the projector's front cover off and try loading a film (whose leader you wouldn't mind getting chewed up) and see what happens...

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Tom Beauchamp
Junior

- posted August 07, 2005 07:46 PM      Profile for Tom Beauchamp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No to those three. I just noticed the lever has and F and an R at opposite ends of the lever. Not sure if that is for Forward and Reverse or Frame and Reset or some combination. I have attached a picture. I have taken the cover off and threaded it semi manually until it jumps and then manuall given it some slack until it stops but I don't think that was the way it was supposed to work [Wink]
 -

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 07, 2005 09:06 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never seen this configuration. [Confused] You just may have been right all along, about holding the lever down until the film reaches the take-up reel.
Exactly which model Chinon is this projector?

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC