8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » negative stock transfers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: negative stock transfers
Soren Coughlin-Glaser
Junior

- posted August 12, 2005 06:58 PM      Profile for Soren Coughlin-Glaser   Email Soren Coughlin-Glaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finnaly shot some 500t. Has anyone had any luck revering the colors and removing the blue cast. I can do it for my 35mm still negatives, but I can't seem to do it in my video editing software. (I am using pinnacle Liquid edition) Does anyone have any luck with this. Or does someone have a place I can send the film to to be corrected to positive?

Thanks

Soren

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 13, 2005 08:45 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Soren,

I'm sure there are people here who have dealt with negative transfers to video here, but our main focus is collecting and projecting commercially released films. (I only shoot for projection, so I have absolutely no idea!)

However, This forum

http://filmshooting.com/scripts/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

will absolutely answer your questions. There are any number of people over there who shoot film exclusively for transfer.

Good Luck!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Marc Marti
Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2005 10:32 AM      Profile for Marc Marti   Email Marc Marti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Soren,

I've shot a bunch of Vision2 200T and 500T recently, for a friend's short. The quality of the 200 ASA is excellent. If you're going to transfer the footage to video is a better option than any reversal (including K40): very very sharp.

500 ASA is still too grainy for my own taste, but most people have had better experiences with this stock.

The negative tint is removed by the transfer house, so it's better to transfer it the professional way.

Good luck!

--------------------
Marc

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC