8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Projector woes!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Projector woes!!!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 13, 2005 02:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I've run into a problem! I recently bought a projector, a Yashica Super 8 mag/optic. and it seems to have developed a problem , or perhaps, the problem existed beforehand. After two 400ft. reels, the forward momentum doesn't start up, yet I notice that no matter how hot the projector gets, it'll always rewind. It has brand new belts in the back, but I DID notice that where the fuse should be, a previous owner, at some point, soldered a metal wire in place of a fuse. Could this be the reason for the projector refusing to go in forward motion, yet still working just fine in rewind?

Inquiring minds REALLY want to know!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 13, 2005 04:46 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe there was a problem which was blowing fuses and that was the way the previous owner got round the problem. I would certainly remove the wore links and put the corect fuses back.
You can then take it from there. I would suggest that the problem could be heat related in some part of the contorl electronics etc for forward mode. Could even be a realy etc.
I dont know the Yashica very well at all so cant be more specific. I you or anyone has a circuit they could mail me then I will gladly take a look for you.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 13, 2005 05:37 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I appears that the Yashica was manufactured by the same people who made the Copal projectors, (nearly identical body and configuration, even inside the projector!), I don't know if that helps. It does appear to be heat related, as it feeds and plays just fine once it's been turned off for awhile.

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted August 13, 2005 11:34 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, is it the model P810? Might be able to find the manual online.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 14, 2005 01:43 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's the P810, boy, if the manuel could be found, that would be great, but I would have absolutely NO IDEA as to where to look! Heck, I stumbled onto the 8mm forum by accident as it was! (and aint I lucky I did?!

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted August 14, 2005 09:40 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, the only thing I could find was the owners manual at Craigs Camera. I thought Film Shooting.com might have it, but no luck. [Frown]

http://www.filmshooting.com/manuals/scanindex.php

http://www.craigcamera.com/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC